[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby jro » Sun Aug 11 2019 11:42

After following the above instructions I get:

2019-08-11T11:39:53.604Z - error: Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.
Error: Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.
at Request._callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/google-auth-library/lib/transporters.js:85:15)
at Request.self.callback (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:214:7)
at Request.<anonymous> (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1161:10)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/request/request.js:1083:12)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30)
at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
Random avatar
jro
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby TonyK » Mon Oct 07 2019 10:33

quatmo wrote:You can try other solution for fix 3/4 stop, overwrite ytdl-core and miniget:

Code: Select all
sudo chmod -R 777 /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules && wget https://github.com/quatmo/volumio-youtube-mod/raw/master/ytdl-core.zip && miniunzip ytdl-core.zip -d /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core && cd /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core && sudo npm install && reboot

Is the above a tested and proven fix for the 3/4 stop? *can anyone confirm? (maybe instructions on how to apply? e.g. do you have to disable the plugin prior...?)
Random avatar
TonyK
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby TonyK » Mon Oct 07 2019 10:34

hombibi wrote:All, thank for the work on the youtube plugin, when it works it is really a great function

I also experience the cut off of songs. Some observations I hope may help:

1) The troubles started in June with not being able to play songs any longer
2) Playing capability was restored by ma_sk1 on the 17th of June, still in use by me as it is not clear how/which versions/forks have progressed.
3) The cut off only occurs on when on a wireless network, as was also noted by ma_sk1. With an ethernet cable connected the cutoff does not occur.
3) the clock/timer that supports the song runs too fast when on wifi.

Hombibi

3) We have the cut off also on a wired network... *did have a song play till the end today...was the last one in the queue
Random avatar
TonyK
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby GwaneTIme » Wed Oct 09 2019 08:35

I do not know why but my browser crashed any time when I use a youtube plugin. It could be due to poor optimization. I have a choice the website which provides youtube to mp3 converter The convenient and easy interface with many available formats and never with load your internet speed. Advice to everyone who also has some issues with a browser to use better the site and do not instal a plugin.
Random avatar
GwaneTIme
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby SofaSurfer » Sat Oct 12 2019 20:30

Hi.

anyone fixed/tested 2/3 cut issue?

Thank you and best regards.
Random avatar
SofaSurfer
Sunday DIYer