Wrong DAC shown, broken after reboot

After a factory reset (or after burning a fresh copy), I select “Hifiberry DAC Plus” (I have a Hifiberry Amp 2) and go through the rest of the setup. After finishing I select e.g. an Internet Radio station and all is fine.

When I go to the settings Menu, it shows “IQaudiO DAC Plus”, and not the Hifiberry that I selected.

Then I perform a reboot, and after hitting the “Play” button I get “Failed to Open ALSA …”. The only way to recover is another factory reset. Re-selecting the Hifiberry does not work.

This started a few releases back (I don’t remember which one) and persists today with 2.565.

After the next reset I’ll try to use English (my tests were done with German) to see if this makes any difference.

What could be wrong here?

Update: With English the above problem does not happen. In return, the Internet Radio “Browse” section is broken. For example, no radio station is ever found when I search.

Sorry, update to the update: It’s not the language. After yet another factory reset I selected “German” again, and did not see the problem with the DAC. Search doesn’t work either in German. I have no idea what’s going on…

Very very very strange indeed.
Can you try with another power supply? IMHO you have insufficinet power which results in SD Card corruption

Power is special on my setup, because I get the power from the Hifiberry Amp 2, and also drive the Raspberry Pi Screen from this board. This is supported, though. The power supply is strong enough: It’s 14V with enough Amps, and gets regulated down to 5V by the Hifiberry for the Pi.
It does not look like SD card corruption, because I have no other issues. Right now it’s stable.

The Radio came back, so this was probably an unrelated issue and might have been an outage of the service that is used for Radio station search.

What I did: I separated the Amp 2 from the Raspberry, and re-joined them. The connection between the two might have been a little loose. Could this trigger such an issue?

Thanks! Martin