Volumio3 Experimental UI Feedback Thread

Here you can find all important communications from Volumio's staff

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby michelangelo » Fri Jul 26 2019 16:44

This thread will serve as feedbacks for the new Volumio3 Experimental User interface.
Let us know: what you don't like, what does not work, what would you improve, what you think can be done differently, but also what you like!

See:
https://volumio.org/summer-ui-refresh-volumio/
michelangelo
Founder

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Dave81 » Fri Jul 26 2019 18:15

Ciao Michelangelo,
first of all thanks for the update!
I just switched to the new UI and I noticed an issue. I can not access the settings menu from my laptop. The icon seems to have disappeared.
On my mobile (iPhone IOS 12) everything works fine and settings menu is accessible.
On my iPad (iOS 13 beta) icon is also missing.

Here is a screenshot:
Thanks!
Davide
Random avatar
Dave81
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Marko » Fri Jul 26 2019 19:20

I have settings now in menu on left. I do not know is it scrollable? I don't have so many plugins installed.
Screenshot_20190726_221817.jpg
Screenshot_20190726_221817.jpg (393.14 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
Random avatar
Marko
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby vmiguel » Fri Jul 26 2019 22:54

First, I want to thank you for Volumio and MyVolumio, I've been using it for some months on Raspberry Pi3 and now 4, and it's really good.

Now, regarding Volumio3:
1. the "old" play screen with the two circles are a "brand image" for me, and love it. It sets Volumio apart from every other player;
2. It's true that the new Volumio3 play bar in the bottom is pratical and works well, keeping the controls and info across all screens;
3. The player screen on Volumio3 repeats some info in the bottom bar and on the main area of the screen; This leads to confusing and "bad design" in the play screen;
4. Why not keep the bottom bar in all screens EXCEPT on the play screen, where the "old" and "true" Volumio look and feel could be the only interface, hiding the bottom bar player?

Apart from that, there are some minor issues that I'm sure will be taken care of in future updates. I like the left menu bar and the settings menu (would like to have the back button always present in the top of the screen so not to have to scroll all the way up everytime).
Random avatar
vmiguel
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Pytanie » Sat Jul 27 2019 09:08

Hi;

I have just enabled it and main menu scrolling works only on Edge - no Firefox, no Safari, no IE, only Edge
So - "Settings", with my screen resolution, is available only on Edge...

Regards
Random avatar
Pytanie
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby vmiguel » Sat Jul 27 2019 10:23

There are two "Help": one on the left menu bar, another on the Settings menu.

On the Settings menu, "Help" opens the Volumio Documentation page. On the left menu bar, "Help" is dead.

And I would like to have the "Shutdown" button on the main menu. I could leave Raspberry Pi3 on for days without a worry, so not having a easy access "Shutdown" button was ok. But Raspberry Pi4 really gets hot and I prefer do shut it down at night and when I'm out for several hours, so a more direct button would be nice.
Random avatar
vmiguel
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Re: Volumio3 Experimental UI Feedback Thread

Postby vmiguel » Sat Jul 27 2019 12:32

Regarding the bottom bar player, I don´t have the progress and volume bars on iPhone and Android tablet. So there is no way to change the volume or to skip to a certain part of a track (or am I missing something?).
On a PC browser all is well.
Random avatar
vmiguel
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Re: Volumio3 Experimental UI Feedback Thread

Postby danielfelix » Sat Jul 27 2019 14:41

The Main Menu should have a scroll bar. With my screen settings, in Chrome, I don't see the last lines.
Daniel
RaspberryPi3 + Allo Boos DAC + Amp. Kenwood KA-400 + Focal Chorus 726 + Turntable Dual 504 + Cartdrige Shure M91E + Linear Power Unit DIY
danielfelix
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby Marko » Sat Jul 27 2019 15:19

As far as I know circular controls are nothing special to Volumio. I know that Runeaudio and moOde also are using circular controls. Volumio green color is more distinct to Volumio than controls. There is nothing wrong with circular controls :)

I discovered one visual glitch: When viewing track context menu of single track album, then pop-up menu opens to wrong direction and some menu items are not visible. Example screenshot from volumio offical app.
Screenshot_20190727-181238.png
Screenshot_20190727-181238.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1874 times

Probably some problem with z-index or margins.
Random avatar
Marko
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby hyaku » Sat Jul 27 2019 15:21

Hi,

I am controlling the Volumio mainly via my TV's web browser and the new UI doesn't work in it. I have had no issues with the current UI with controls and views. In the new UI none of the buttons on the left side is not working (nothing happens when selecting something from the menu) and the Album Art is not visible on the background, also the controls like volume is missing. I have reset the browser/cleared the cache.
volumio_new_ui_tizenbrowser.png
volumio_new_ui_tizenbrowser.png (695.19 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

Also, I'd like to see the Album Art much bigger with less of controls, buttons and menus etc. Could there be a possibility for a separate view/window which shows the Album Art "full" depending on the screen/monitor/resolution with much less of information displayed at the same time, just to display the Album Art only, and nothing else.

If I change the browser view size on my browser, everything including the Album Art is bigger, and when using the Volumio3 UI, the menu on the left size goes broken. The last items in the menu goes hidden.
volumio_new_ui_safari_zoom.png
volumio_new_ui_safari_zoom.png (35.78 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Last edited by hyaku on Sat Jul 27 2019 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
hyaku
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Next

Return to Staff comunications