Volumio3 Experimental UI Feedback Thread

Here you can find all important communications from Volumio's staff

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Volumio3 Experimental UI Feedback Thread

Postby Halloran » Thu Aug 08 2019 23:44

Thanks, I can see the settings link now when I zoom out. Running on a 13" laptop screen and so some things are disappearing from the view.

Overall, I should say that I do like the new UI. Seems like it will be a noticeable improvement. Thanks for the hard work.
Random avatar
Halloran
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Marko » Sat Aug 10 2019 09:12

Next update will be interesting according to this :) https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2-UI/commits/master Don't know are these in production version yet, but lots of bugfixes and improvements are coming.
Random avatar
Marko
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby What4 » Tue Aug 13 2019 09:01

Great prospects!
Still, for me with Allo Boss, the most important thing is fluent Spotify integration. Just because I listen to it that much. Number one would be: to see and use My Playlists. Now I can't. Also the folder structure inside lists does not open at all (e.g. "Genres & Moods").

A
Random avatar
What4
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Astaroth2k » Fri Aug 16 2019 22:51

Please keep the current (older) UI still selectable in the future even if not as default. I understand the reasons to switch to a more “common” interface, but I got accustomed to the 2 circles (track and volume) and find these really handy on my tablet to use. Way more comfortable to jump to a specific point using the circle vs the bar where it feels less precise IMHO. It might have to do also because of the size change, sure but the disc mode feel still more precise when wanting to jump to 1/4 etc. Also I don’t mind to use the 3 “tab” views (at the bottom of the screen) but have bigger elements shown. And to finish, I feel also the menu on the left takes way too much space away.
The moment that you have to repeat a specific touch because your tip of the finger feels less precise in pointing to a specific command, then you have a big problem in usability. And I am on a standard ipad size screen. Willing to sacrifice this in a smaller phone screen. My 2 cents. Thanks!
Astaroth2k
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby DipterePow » Mon Aug 19 2019 20:21

Estheticly I like the 2 versions but in my opinion the first UI was more easy to use with a little screen(5" in my case) as Astaroth2k said. Aside from that I think it would be interesting to have access to "settings" from the main page. For example, at this moment you have to go to the queue or to the menu button(on top of screen with mobile UI) to have access to settings and then you can quit volumio. It’s not that I’m lazy but I find it rather tedious to just turn off the player.
DipterePow
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby Gryz » Tue Aug 20 2019 01:24

My volume can only be adjusted in steps of 5. Is this intentional ? Or a bug ? Or something I have to change in the confguration ? (In the Settings/Volume Options, I have One Click Volume Steps set to 1. But that did not help.

Also, when I select the pane with the 2 circles, for time-played and volume (with the album cover in the middle), I used to be able to change the volume by clicking on the right circle (the volume circle). That does not work anymore. The bar at the bottom of the screen does allow me to change the volume (but again, only in steps of 5, not 1). Also, under the volume-circle there are 3 icons. Volume Down, Mute and Volume Up. Mute works. But the Volume Down and Volume Up don't work properly. Down often works, but not always. Up sometimes works, but most of the time it doesn't. Weird.

Using the left circle, to adjust where you are in the song, does not work at all.

(I'm using Firefox on Windows and Android, and Internet Explorer on Windows).
Random avatar
Gryz
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby patrocks » Thu Aug 22 2019 17:34

I would like to have the selected playback zone displayed on the main screen.
Random avatar
patrocks
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby skikirkwood » Thu Aug 22 2019 18:09

What4 wrote:Great prospects!
Still, for me with Allo Boss, the most important thing is fluent Spotify integration. Just because I listen to it that much. Number one would be: to see and use My Playlists. Now I can't. Also the folder structure inside lists does not open at all (e.g. "Genres & Moods").

A

You can get Spotify working with the following patch:

how-get-the-spotify-plugin-working-t12368.html
Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Schiit Modi 2 Multibit DAC, Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3, IQAudio Pi-DAC+, Schiit Freya preamp, Bryston 3b power amp, B&W 803 speakers
skikirkwood
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby adri641 » Sat Aug 24 2019 09:04

Hi,
i have switched to the volumio 3 interface, except from phone/tablet i am controlling volumio with a 7 inch waveshare screen. With the screen the left menu bar doesn't show all items and it is not scrollable.
Attachments
IMG_20190824_110342.jpg
IMG_20190824_110342.jpg (4.21 MiB) Viewed 223 times
Random avatar
adri641
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby What4 » Sat Aug 24 2019 09:12

I have patience to wait main distro. Don't want to fix after any system update. I have now both installed and active. Why? Because it works both with Spotify and Volumio UI. Otherwise not.
But thanks anyway. Hope you get that release soon.
Random avatar
What4
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

PreviousNext

Return to Staff comunications