Volumio2 parametric equalizer plugin

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Thilo » Fri Jul 12 2019 07:22

balbuze wrote:Hi! Thank you!
For Iphone, I can't tell... But for PCC (win, linux) you can use REW, a very powerful tool for measurement.
And I suggest you to use brutefir plugin,, you get something very good in a easy way ! : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/brutefir3

Thanks Balbuze, this sounds very promising! So what I measure in REW will be loaded into the brutefir plugin? After that no other equalizer will be needed?
Random avatar
Thilo
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby balbuze » Fri Jul 12 2019 18:24

hi!
the most important is to make a good measure from your listening point for both channel separately.
once it is done, you export impulse (for each chanel) and copy the file in /brutefirfilters/filter_sources
After that go in the plugin setting and usr 'DRC-FIR' to generate your filters. once it is done, select filters for each channel, apply, it's done! you have now a room equalized system ;)
balbuze

Postby Juan » Fri Jul 12 2019 19:08

Hello,
Should this plugin work in Volumio Primo?
I have installed it but does not output any sound.
Thanks.
Random avatar
Juan
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Thilo » Tue Jul 16 2019 09:38

balbuze wrote:hi!
the most important is to make a good measure from your listening point for both channel separately.
once it is done, you export impulse (for each chanel) and copy the file in /brutefirfilters/filter_sources
After that go in the plugin setting and usr 'DRC-FIR' to generate your filters. once it is done, select filters for each channel, apply, it's done! you have now a room equalized system ;)

Hi Balbuze, I have the UMIK-1 connected to REW on a laptop. Is there a way to send the measurement signal from REW to volumio on the PI? In the REW soundcard preferences I don't see an option for that. Thanks!
Random avatar
Thilo
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby balbuze » Tue Jul 16 2019 16:06

to continue to talk about brutefir and drc, I suggest to use the dedicated thread : https://forum.volumio.org/volumio2-and-brutefir-t4151-310.html
and have a look here : https://volumio.github.io/docs/Plugins_User_Manuals/brutefir/Making_Measurment.html

edit : @juan - yes it works with primo ;)
balbuze

Postby danielfelix » Tue Aug 20 2019 23:17

Hi balbuze, I'm testing REW and I have a question:
To generate the EQ Filters, what equalizer data should I set in the "EQ for Measurement" menu, Equalizer tab?
Daniel
RaspberryPi3 + Allo Boos DAC + Amp. Kenwood KA-400 + Focal Chorus 726 + Turntable Dual 504 + Cartdrige Shure M91E + Linear Power Unit DIY
danielfelix
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby balbuze » Wed Aug 21 2019 16:12

Sorry but I am not sure to understand what you want to do. With parametric EQ, you don't use Rew, except to check the result. If you're asking for brutefir plugin, please post in the related thread. And check the wiki TY
balbuze

Postby danielfelix » Thu Aug 22 2019 20:41

I am trying to understand how brutefir / rew / eq works, I ask you to be patient.
I started measuring the room, that seems to be pretty good.
When I ask you to equalize the signal, it does it over 10 bands in the case of using the "Generic" equalizer, using other eqs it does in another number of bands, never in 4 bands as your parametric equalizer works.
My idea is to equalize "by hand" as obtained in REW.
I will read more about Brutefir and implement it.
Daniel
RaspberryPi3 + Allo Boos DAC + Amp. Kenwood KA-400 + Focal Chorus 726 + Turntable Dual 504 + Cartdrige Shure M91E + Linear Power Unit DIY
danielfelix
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby balbuze » Fri Aug 23 2019 18:45

balbuze

Previous

Return to Development talks