Volumio2 parametric equalizer plugin

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby balbuze » Sun Jun 10 2018 19:33

Dear parametric equalizer users ;) ,
I uploaded a new version of the plugin, with a major improvement : now you can customize the frequency range for each bands! What does it means ? Let's suppose you need to tweak frequencies around 60Hz, 325Hz,800Hz, 1000Hz but no need for higher frequencies.Just go in advanced settings of the plugin, set range around these values, apply, reload the page and you'll get your custom equalizer !
Still need some work for a better display and a reset button. But feel free to test and feedback :mrgreen:
Note : refresh the page once you made a change in advanced settings
The plugin will not check if your values are correct ( maybe later), so take care!

https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq

Screenshot-2018-6-10 Yves Simon - Diabolo menthe.jpg
Screenshot-2018-6-10 Yves Simon - Diabolo menthe.jpg (213.5 KiB) Viewed 601 times

Screenshot-2018-6-10 Daniel Darc - Sweet sixteen.jpg
Screenshot-2018-6-10 Daniel Darc - Sweet sixteen.jpg (213.31 KiB) Viewed 601 times

Screenshot-2018-6-10 Miossec - Après le bonheur.jpg
Screenshot-2018-6-10 Miossec - Après le bonheur.jpg (212.47 KiB) Viewed 601 times
balbuze

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby balbuze » Sun Jun 17 2018 17:08

new version, with:
- a button to restore default settings.
- auto reload UI when ranges are changed, or default settings restored
- better cosmetic

feedback welcome ;)

https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq
balbuze

Postby mmo » Mon Jul 23 2018 20:40

Superb! I love it! Kudos to balbuze!
I think this was one of the easiest installations I ever did on the RPi and it all worked immediately!

Thanks a lot for sharing this. You rock! 8-)
Random avatar
mmo
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby cgtobi » Wed Aug 01 2018 05:15

@balbuze I still love your plugins, they work great. Are there any news about using it together with your stere2mono plugin?
Random avatar
cgtobi
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby irb » Sun Nov 18 2018 11:25

@balbuze

Hi, new Volumio user here. I'm running Volumio on an Allo USBridge - based on a Sparky therefore. Will the Parametric Equalizer plugin run on it?
Random avatar
irb
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby erguro » Fri Mar 15 2019 06:49

@balbuze

Great job! I´m using this pluging to adapt my custom made speaker box sound response, now I´m using an DAC Allo Piano 2.1 this dac has 4 outputs and can bi configured in Full Range or Full Range plus Subwoofer outputs, when param eq plugin is workin there is no possibility of using subwoofer outputs and all outputs are working in full range.

But Anyway is a great plugin and works very well

Thanks for sharing
Random avatar
erguro
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby FredM » Wed Apr 03 2019 17:23

Hi,
the plugin works fine on a Sparky with Piano 2.1 DAC. But: when I play streaming music from Spotify, it sounds like a 33# lp playing on 78 rpm. Tried lot of possible resample options, but nothing worked out oke. Music from my USB Hard Disk is oke. Any idea where to look further?
Sharky, Kali and Piano 2.1 Dac
Random avatar
FredM
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Previous

Return to Development talks