Volumio2 and brutefir...

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Sat May 23 2020 07:42

@xombul
The only thing you can test is to do several sweep measurements and the in Rew go to all SPL. On to right click time align and the vector average. Hide all but average. Export as wav. But I am not sure what vector average does...

@paulE54
Yes the plugin creates a virtual device and redirect the output. In fact it doesn't disable i2s. It is just a "display" bug... But don't try to change it.

@chris8519
As written in the readme, the plugin requires a version of Volumio >=2.776.
I never tested with your Dac.
balbuze

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby PaulE54 » Sat May 23 2020 18:10

Thanks for the quick response Balbuze. I'll investigate further.....

Paul
Random avatar
PaulE54
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby krunok » Yesterday 11:42

balbuze wrote:@xombul
The only thing you can test is to do several sweep measurements and the in Rew go to all SPL. On to right click time align and the vector average. Hide all but average. Export as wav. But I am not sure what vector average does...

"Vector average" averages phase response and is not suitable for frequency response correction.
Last edited by krunok on Sun May 24 2020 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
krunok
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Re: Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby krunok » Yesterday 11:48

Xombul wrote:Hi Balbuze,
I am very happy with the plugin as I easily imported the filters I created with REW+rephase. I did long ago the filters using sweep methodology and a timing reference.

I am trying to do filters using RTA measurements (or MMM) just for fun. However, I could not export the IR in a wav format into the DRC plugin. The option "export IR wav" under the top right "wheel" in REW is not effective. I suspect that it is because there is no timing reference in the IR generated by RTA.
Did I miss something?

Envoyé de mon Mi MIX 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

You didn't - there is no timing information in MMM RTA. However, frequency response with MMM is much more acurate than with sweep as it is a spatial average of many samples. You can EQ it with REW and export filter in wav format or import it in rePhase and generate EQ filters mannualy in wav of txt format.

Be sure to use pink noise file with MMM RTA.
Random avatar
krunok
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Xombul » Yesterday 12:28

Hi Krunok,

Thank U so much for the clarification.

Actually I had more or less the same results using sweep or RTA/mmm methodology but mmm is way simplier. You don't need 20 points or so to get the result.
I also believe that the filters generator in the plugin could be improved if we could import * wav IR with a timing reference (using sweep methodology) or * txt IR (using mmm methodology)

Random avatar
Xombul
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby krunok » Yesterday 13:29

Xombul wrote:Hi Krunok,

Thank U so much for the clarification.

Actually I had more or less the same results using sweep or RTA/mmm methodology but mmm is way simplier. You don't need 20 points or so to get the result.
I also believe that the filters generator in the plugin could be improved if we could import * wav IR with a timing reference (using sweep methodology) or * txt IR (using mmm methodology)

I recommend taking MMM RTA with at least 50 samples. Video how to do it properly can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiuwqzjqlQ.

OpenDRC filter generator accepts only IR in wav format. I strongy suggest setting IR delay of measured IR to 0 using "Estimate IR delay" function in REW before importing it to the generator so that it can correct phase more easilly.

Filter based on MMM RTA can be automatically generated with REW (also in WAV forma) and imported into the plugin.
Random avatar
krunok
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Previous

Return to Development talks