Volumio2 and brutefir...

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby LarsF » Tue Sep 10 2019 19:03

Now thing start to looking good. Tried to make a filter with DRC and a very simple target curve.
DRC_filter.jpg
DRC_filter.jpg (70.18 KiB) Viewed 403 times

I have to do some more work on the target file. But I'm on the track i think. I'm not sure how to use the Input Attenuation.

I have to thank you balbuze for this great work. Very impressive. Keep up the good work.
/Lars
Random avatar
LarsF
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Tue Sep 10 2019 19:48

Good! Attenuation must be a least equal to the maxi correction you have done. If not you'll experience clipping. Check with sudo journactl -f to see if the problem occurs. Let me know.
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby Danrap » Wed Sep 11 2019 22:23

Hi Balbuze and thank you for this wonerful plugin.
I've a question; i have made my filters response with rew at 48 Khz;
Brutefir automatically resample all files to the frequency of the filters (so, for example,by upsampling the 44,1 flies and by downsampling the 192 khz files?
Or i must to set the resampler on Volumio at 48 khz?
If I check with http://volumio.local/DEV/ i've seen that 44,1khz files are played as is, even with the 48 khz filters loaded in brutefir
Thank you very much
Random avatar
Danrap
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Sep 12 2019 05:48

Hi
Everything is resampled by the plugin. The most important is that filters you use are defined with the same sample rate than the one set in the plugin or you'll get weird results.
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby Danrap » Thu Sep 12 2019 07:31

Hi Balbuze;
thank you very much again; your plugin it is by far the most useful of all those done so far in Volumio, for me
Random avatar
Danrap
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby alvaroenoht » Thu Sep 12 2019 15:03

Hi there, first of all thank you all for such an amazing code. I have been back and forth with the idea of getting a minidsp to correct the nasties in my room, but I dont like the the idea of doing a ADC -> DAC after is processed by my DAC. I rather have a correction done in the digital domain with the brutefir plugin. However I cant seem to make it work properly,

I ve beein reading all the journal log to see whats the problem but is quite random.. sometimes it will say Failed to start I/O module, other times will say Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0" Device busy and I can not really pin point whats the problem. I manage to get some sound out with one mp3 file at 48khz sampling rate with FLOAT LE 32 bits floating point filter format and S32LE output format but it only works with that specific file and that specific configuration. However if I reload the same file, it will not play sound unless I go to the brutefir settings and apply the settings again. It is very weird. It wont play FLACS, DSD, or spotify unless I disable the plugin. (I have tried all the settings).

I have installed volumio in shuttle pc Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, this mini pc has an optical output that is labelled as HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 analog, So I wonder if this is a hardware related issue. I have tried connecting the usb dac directly to the shuttle pc but It doesnt work either,, brutefir will only let me use the "analog through brutefir" (which uses the optical too) output.

I am willing to get new hardware in order to use this plugin, but I would like you guys to recommend me something thats tested and will work with all files and inputs and still able to to do the room correction, if thats possible.

Thank you for you work.
Random avatar
alvaroenoht
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby Solveit » Thu Oct 03 2019 12:52

I just bought Khadas Tone DAC and but dont get the software mixer to work with brutefir?
Also get som pops and cracks?
Raspberry 3b+.
Is it possible?
Random avatar
Solveit
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Oct 03 2019 14:45

Sorry, but the plugin doesn't work with software mixer.
Usb Dac with rpi3 produce pop and cracks. It seems to be due to an hardware limitation
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby Solveit » Sat Oct 05 2019 04:58

balbuze wrote:Sorry, but the plugin doesn't work with software mixer.
Usb Dac with rpi3 produce pop and cracks. It seems to be due to an hardware limitation

It works without cracks very well but not with Brutefir so maybe its to much to handle for rpi3 via USB.
Dont now if Khadas work with I2S but maybe thats an solution.
Random avatar
Solveit
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby Solveit » Sun Oct 06 2019 08:46

I raised the buffer to 8Mb and 40 % and have played for an hour now with one crack in the beginning.
So its not 100% but its close to working.
I run over wifi so maybe thats cracking even if I have good connection?
Random avatar
Solveit
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks