Volumio2 and brutefir...

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Dec 01 2016 13:06

I agree with you for the hardware mixer . But it's on volumio side, and unless all available mixers available on the system are proposed, I don't know how to do it... Maybe @Michelangelo has an advice about that.
Not sure it solve the latency of brutefir. Even with no mixer the about 2seconds. It's seems to be a computation time. Not sure. What about your previous experiences?
balbuze

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby cmsgarb » Thu Dec 01 2016 15:02

hi,
My Observation is the following: When mpd directly outputs to the dac, volumio seems to access the hw volume register of the dac to instantenously change volume. When output is piped to brutefir and then transferred to dac via brutefir this seems not to work. Thus mpd has to scale output level in sw which then is processed by brutefir and then afterwards becomes hearable with a latency of the processing time.

My brute force workaround was a little Script on an gpio input directly modifying hw register of my hifiberry. By this means I can change volume without latency.

Best Regards

Christian
Random avatar
cmsgarb
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby luisleonardo.pt » Thu Dec 01 2016 17:32

balbuze wrote:I just uploaded a new version that should solve the previous problem.
Let me know
https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/blob/master/plugins/miscellanea/brutefir/brutefir.zip

But remains the problem of jumping output selector in playback setting. With i2s DAC activated, it is impossible to select a other output. :? :(

When trying to install the plugin I got this "error":
Code: Select all
Downloading plugin at http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/brutefir.zip
END DOWNLOAD: http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/brutefir.zip
Creating folder on disk
Unpacking plugin
Checking for duplicate plugin
Copying Plugin into location
Installing dependencies
The following error occurred when installing the plugin: Error
luisleonardo.pt
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Dec 01 2016 18:39

There is something weird. On github the size of the file is >700ko but downloaded is 35ko... I'm going to push a new file....
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby luisleonardo.pt » Thu Dec 01 2016 19:20

balbuze wrote:There is something weird. On github the size of the file is >700ko but downloaded is 35ko... I'm going to push a new file....

It was a 795kb zip file.
4,8 Mb after unzip.
luisleonardo.pt
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Dec 01 2016 19:38

Well now it works! With no change! Please redownload the brutefir.zip file. Don't uncompress it to install !
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby luisleonardo.pt » Mon Dec 05 2016 14:00

balbuze wrote:Well now it works! With no change! Please redownload the brutefir.zip file. Don't uncompress it to install !

I got the exact same error. I'll try again later with a fresh install because this one is really messy.
luisleonardo.pt
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Mon Dec 05 2016 14:39

There is something weird on github because a other plugin gives the same problem. It seems that Clicking code and then download it works. But I'm going to upload a new file tonight
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Mon Dec 05 2016 17:28

I upload a new version (no change in it).
To download from github, DON'T right click on on brutfeir.zip and save ! CLICK LEFT, and in the following page select download.
;)
If you right click and save, it will save html code of the page....inside the file, and of course it failed to install

edit : use that link : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/miscellanea/brutefir/brutefir.zip
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby jppmedia » Mon Dec 05 2016 18:07

salut,
j'ai installer, essayer plusieurs paramètres et.... plantage ! mais c'est une super idée ! j'ai pas trop de temps en ce moment mais dés que possible je te retournerai mes impressions et test !
Encore bravo !
Essayer avec rasperry pi 3 et une pifiberry dac+ (clone de hifiberry !)
jp
Raspberry Pi 3 and pifiberry dac+ sku:363003
jppmedia
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks