Volumio2 and brutefir...

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby malcox » Tue Nov 08 2016 14:22

Can anybody help to test brutefir? I don't know How to install in volumio 2, I think to put it the sd card and after... ?
it's the first time ..
Random avatar
malcox
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Tue Nov 08 2016 17:35

Hi!
A very conveneint way is to use this : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug ... a/brutefir
Just download burtefir.zip file on your computer. In volumioUI go in plugins / plugins upload and select the file. After install you have to reboot and select Loopback as output device in volumio. Then go in plugins, enable the plugin and go in setting. You 'll propbaly have to change the output device. Save. At this point you should be able to play music ! But brutefir is useless if you don't have filters to use ! You have to generate them with software such as REW or /and rephase or any other able to do that... Some example filter are installed by the plugin. But don't expect quality improvement. They are just here to show that it works and the sound is changed !
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby malcox » Wed Nov 09 2016 22:34

thanks I try to install ... it s ok but i can save the settings. when I enter in setting I read that the first (equalizer) is disabled, so I go to brute fir advanced setting, I try to write the name of the filter for left and right (your filter ex. flat.wav) after try to save but the system don't seem to save (the only that work to save it's the first (equalizer). and then I come back in main page and the plugin is with red point where is write that it's disable ... naturally i changed to loopback...but nothing . where I made wrong?
Random avatar
malcox
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Thu Nov 10 2016 09:25

Hi,
You don't need to give a filter name to test. When empty a Dirac pulse is used.
Check If you set the good output device in advanced settings. Use aplay -l to determine the right value.
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby freezebox » Mon Nov 14 2016 22:11

Hi there,

I have been waiting very long for such plugin easy to use solution...Thanks for your efforts on this!

I tried the plugin yesterday with my Pi 3 and Hifiberry DAC + pro. I was not able to get it work..

Here my findings:

- As described before, plugin shows red point for "inaktive" even when switched on in plugin menue
- List of DACs to select in brutefir advanced settings does not show Hifiberry DAC pro...after several savings and trials even no DAC appeared anymore (only loopback, Audio Jack and HDMI)
- save function does not work for advanced settings (at least no feedback if saved or not)
- Deinstall function of plugin does not work
- What exactly has to be put into "filter left/right" fields in advanced settings? Filter name or filter soring path ( - starting where)? please show example.
- Play does not work even with disabled plugin after installation (worked before plugin installation)
- hardware-software volume control is switching all time when selecting different DAC in player setting menue after plugin installation
Random avatar
freezebox
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Tue Nov 15 2016 09:46

You must enable i2s dac in volumio playback. Once this done, you should be able to select the dac in plugin setting. When you save settings you have a notification only if everything is ok and brutefir is started.
Filters files are in share folder of volumio. It is just to test. You have to create your own filter. In settings just enter the name + extension : ex anothertest.wav . Please read the readme file.

Edit If you leave empty filter fields, a Dirac pulse is used.
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby freezebox » Tue Nov 15 2016 21:59

Does it really work on your device doing this?

If I set i2S in playback options, the output device switches automatically from loopback to the below choosen DAC (Hifiberry DAC pro) when pushing the "save" botton...

As output device HW in the plugin adv. settings the DAC "Hifiberry DAC" appears, but not the "Hifiberry DAC pro"

I do not get it to play even if no filter is set (all other are default settings)

Maybe a bug with this DAC type?
Random avatar
freezebox
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Wed Nov 16 2016 10:06

Hi!
Yes it works with my devices.. I use a dev version of volumio. For the dac that appears in plugin, this what is returned by alsa. I think in volumio the list is given to help user to choose the right dac. But plenty of dac use the same overlay (hifierry or iqaudio ...). So in plugin it should be ok to select what is proposed...
When the value jump from a device to a other it is due to volumio.. . sometimes disabling /enabling i2s solves this.
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Wed Nov 16 2016 17:44

I made some test. I discovered that it does not work in some case, when label and name are different... ex IqaudIO and IqaudIO DAC. Sorry for that it was ok with both of my test device. I'm looking at that ;)
balbuze

Volumio2 and brutefir...

Postby balbuze » Wed Nov 16 2016 17:55

I just uploaded a new version that should solve the previous problem.
Let me know
https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/blob/master/plugins/miscellanea/brutefir/brutefir.zip

But remains the problem of jumping output selector in playback setting. With i2s DAC activated, it is impossible to select a other output. :? :(
balbuze

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks