Volumio on Sparky with Usbridge

Dear Michael Angelo,

I think the current version of volumio on sparky is outdated. I cannot ise spotify plugin.

I also cannot use the wifi adapter purchased from allo.

Volumio image version is 2.348.

Also.

I would like to suggest the following improvements for RPi or Sparky.

1. Album pictures are pixilized; future release should make it crisp

2. Volumio cannot read *. cue… or am I missing something?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

VERSION: 2.348

RELEASE DATE: 22-12-2017 this is the last update to volumio on sparky with usbridge is there going to be a future update to the latest version or is the sparky board and usbridge now unsupported ?

Mine is dated March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usb Sparky.jpg Have you checked it in the volumio system settings tab ? mine says december 2017 and no update available same date as the image download file for sparky on the volumio download page .

mine is June 2018

We dont update the image very frequently since the kernel is 3.10 (older kernel). Actions _semi the manufacturer does not put enough efforts into mainline

Can allo do something so we can benifit from the updates of Volumio driven by RPi developments

Unfortunatley the only one that can upgrade the kernel is actions semi…and like many far east manufacturers of arm cpus, once they sell they are not that interested to work further. Still we try to get them to update but no luck so far

That being the case then i will choose my new products very carefully in future i already have the first version of the digione with it’s associated problem.

I was interested in the new katana dac but being as it has already had a firmware update and as of yet no associated hardware issue’s i think it wise to wait at least 12 months in the future as the only people i see profiting here are the manafacturers rushing product to market and the end user suffers the inconvenience of this .

Being first to receive new product makes no sense now.

Hi we have a new release for the Sparky ready since some time now, I am releasing it now

Digitalius ,

I understand your frustration but I want to make clear 2 things.

1. DigiOne with ground issues , we are replacing for free defective units and started 6 months back
  2. Usbridge kernel its out of our hands.

In the end , the decision on what to get is always yours.

Happy listening .

@ allo

(In the end , the decision on what to get is always yours) your words of wisdom do me no service and as a long time supporter of allo and the products from the beginning of your audio add on’s i am now going to withdraw my support for a more mature approach to business and the customer base that it supports . You blame others and say it out of your hands an easy call when you probably do not have a vested interest as a paying customer.

Happy corporate funded free… listening to you while it lasts .

@ michelangelo you have a new version for sparky that would be great and very much appreciated as always i fully support your work and sing the praises of volumio to others and will continue to do so well into the future i hope !

Hi Digitalius

I do not blame others , I am telling it like it is. Kernel is out of our hands . Only silicone manufacturer can make a new kernel .

If we could we would make a new kernel and sell 10 times more Usbridges. Has nothing to do with the fact that we don’t support our customers like you seem to imply .

If you still have a old version of DigiOne with ground problems just contact us and we will exchange it. (like we did for any customer that had any problems)

As a happy and grateful user of both Allo Usbridge and Volumio, I will much appreciate a new version of Volumio for USBridge, hopefully the tunein plugin will start to work :slight_smile:

New release out!

I feel the need to highlight one thing about Allo: I can ensure that they take updates, support and customer care very seriously. I know for a fact that if some has an issue with one of their product they ALWAYS offer a solution in very short times.
I understand the frustration that can arise due to some circumstances, but I can guarantee from my experience with them, that if there is something that they can do, they will do it to make their customer happy.

I understand your frustration digitalius. There js no absosulte computer. My marantz NA8005 is not upgradeable to a new software. I have to live with it. It is a product that will undergl obsolosence.

allo shoud upgrade the sparky instead. The usbridge hat lives on.

…stay tuned.

Michaelangelo, can you tell me how to access the new update, noob question. The voluminous check for updates, say no updates available,mine is currently v 2.411

Usb Bridge.jpg

I understand your frustration digitalius. There js no absosulte computer. My marantz NA8005 is not upgradeable to a new software. I have to live with it. It is a product that will undergl obsolosence.

@pmjcos correct me if i am wrong but i bet your marantz was not just over 1 year out of production before it became obsolete ?
As i explained before you would be foolish to buy new straight away now as proven by allo stopping production of the first version of the Katana which was rushed to market and is currently being revised.
I wonder if allo would like to reimburse the unhappy usb bridge owners with any forth coming new versions or has Usb Bridge product been dropped completely ?