VOLUMIO soundcheck invitation for Hamburg, Germany

Tell us how you made up your Volumio powered Project

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby judydudi » Wed Jun 26 2019 17:50

orchardaudio wrote:I think that in order to make this a much more fair comparison the factory PSU should be used for all units as most users will not upgrade the PSUs as you have.

As a separate note how much does the Thel dual LPS cost?

you are right. pecanpi and primo were disadvantaged by the choice of a better power supply with the other devices.
I will use the normal allo 5v3a power supply for all devices in which no power supply is shipped with, on next event.
However, I do not think the difference was very important especially because of the amp.

ps :
http://www.thel-audioworld.de/module/NT ... Q.htm#NT25 + Filter http://www.thel-audioworld.de/module/Ne ... filter.htm + case + kabel
so similar to sbooster lps
judydudi
Objectivist
Objectivist

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby SanjeevM » Thu Jun 27 2019 02:33

His Judy,

Why don't you use a Class A amplifier, like a Jean Hiraga or F5 etc. It brings out the best musicality.

Regards.
RPi3B / Katana THD on Linear PSU / 7in Waveshare Screen / TPA3255 Class-D on MW LRS-350 / Paradigm Monitor 11;
Random avatar
SanjeevM
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby allo » Fri Jun 28 2019 13:57

judydudi wrote:
allo wrote:Those new AMPs look amazing , very revealing . Lets see how they sound.
yes I am also curious about the new digital amplifiers, but

Guys, I'd like to let you know that I've found the right amp for my future DAC board soundchecks.
I am now the proud owner of a Cambridge audio azur 651w.

In addition, I have decided to make modifications to the amplifier.
Mr. Horwege did that for me. About 60 components were replaced.
Now, the amplifier brings the sound into the room with a great clarity, fast, effortless and with beautiful timbres, just as the sound is :)
So it sounds better than anything I had before.
I'm looking forward to the next soundchecks... again focused on the I2S volumio devices.

Amp looks good , THD+N looks good .

When will you have the new Soundcheck ? Hopefully we will have our new DAC out :-)
Random avatar
allo
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby SanjeevM » Fri Jul 12 2019 17:49

@ALLO: Are you bringing out a new DAC after the Katana?
RPi3B / Katana THD on Linear PSU / 7in Waveshare Screen / TPA3255 Class-D on MW LRS-350 / Paradigm Monitor 11;
Random avatar
SanjeevM
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby allo » Sat Jul 13 2019 06:43

Yes. Before you ask,,,ess9038q2m (but its about implementation not DAC ic)

Name : Revolution .

The output stage is using opa1612 (the best monolitic opamp)
USB input
DSD 512 tested and working perfectly .

Dac is working on synchronous mode with all DPLLs disabled (a la Katana) . No crossover distortion.. !!

I have been working with Joe Rasmussen behind the scenes for a while now (he has designed the SQ filter of Katana SQ)
He is a famous modder from Australia that takes hi end DACs and...makes them better .

Revolution incorporates a lot of his work .

We think it will bring the THD+N believers (Right not we are at -115 THD+N I see only 2 dacs in the world measuring better) to agree with SQ ones. We want the new DAC to unite the 2 opposing camps .Designed for SQ and no distortion 20db under hearing threshold.. price rather on the lower side. A revolution in every sense of the word :-)
Random avatar
allo
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby SanjeevM » Mon Jul 15 2019 03:36

Great !!
Random avatar
SanjeevM
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Previous

Return to Diy Volumio Projects