Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards

Volumio portings supported by community members

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby zermak » Wed May 22 2019 17:52

Hello everyone,
I am new here and after some readings to set up a modern audio system I came across Volumio which seems a great and free software platform.
I've made this account to get some infos about a possible support for the Orange Pi 3 board (or any with an Allwinner H6 CPU).

I want to build a Volumio box with the Khadas Tone Board and all I need is a Gigabit connection (WiFi is optional and not necessary), 2GB of RAM (I assume Volumio will benefit of it rather than the usual 512MB or 1GB in the common boards) and a USB 2.0 port (cause it looks like the 40 pins connection on the Khadas Tone Board works only with the VIM boards but I may be wrong here so if somone else knows better than me please tell me).
Indeed the Orange Pi 3 fits my needs and it is a fast; faster than most of the boards supported here, and a cheap solution.

Do you think to support this board or any with the H6 CPU?
And if the H6 is overkill for the purpose (it will just run Volumio on it), what are your suggestions/alternatives?
Random avatar
zermak
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby ashthespy » Thu May 23 2019 16:41

zermak wrote:I've made this account to get some infos about a possible support for the Orange Pi 3 board (or any with an Allwinner H6 CPU).

AFAIK H6 doesn't have I2S support completed yet. Last when I checked, there were some patches from jernejsk for support, but hadn't been merged in yet.
More importantly, I don't think the Orange Pi 3 has the I2S pins broken out?
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby zermak » Sun May 26 2019 22:19

ashthespy wrote:
zermak wrote:I've made this account to get some infos about a possible support for the Orange Pi 3 board (or any with an Allwinner H6 CPU).

AFAIK H6 doesn't have I2S support completed yet. Last when I checked, there were some patches from jernejsk for support, but hadn't been merged in yet.
More importantly, I don't think the Orange Pi 3 has the I2S pins broken out?

My idea is to use the USB2 port on it; the I2S is an alternative (on other boards with the H6).
Random avatar
zermak
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby gkkpch » Wed May 29 2019 23:10

@zermak, do you have basic kernel and uboot compile skills, so we could talk you through it, using
the volumio documentation which is already there on the subject (check the volumio.org site)?
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Postby feket663 » Sat Jun 01 2019 18:56

Hi! I have an Orange Pi one and ES9018k2m DAC (from China), and I'm using "Volumio2.572-2019-04-16-orangepione-4.19.34" version. The Volumio works well with 44khz/16 bit files, but I have few 96khz/24 bit music, and the unit plays this files with half speed. How can I play correctly higher resolution files?

Thanks for help!
Random avatar
feket663
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby zermak » Wed Jun 05 2019 16:06

gkkpch wrote:@zermak, do you have basic kernel and uboot compile skills, so we could talk you through it, using
the volumio documentation which is already there on the subject (check the volumio.org site)?

Sorry for the late reply; I didn't receive any e-mail notification.

I never tried to compile anything but I am a good reader and have some spare time now.
I have used few Debian based distros and I am not ignorant about coding but I only know the very basics.

I could try to get the cheaper Orange Pi One Plus if you can confirm that less than 1GiB (cause of GPU RAM usage) is enough to run Volumio flowlessy for a very long time (meaning after some major update) and so work to build Volumio for it.
Random avatar
zermak
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby VyacheslavS » Mon Jun 10 2019 07:01

The new version Volumio 2.586 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One):
>>>link
Changelog link.
VyacheslavS
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby VyacheslavS » Wed Jun 19 2019 15:35

The new version Volumio 2.587 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One):
>>>link
Changelog link.
+ updated to kernel 4.19.50
VyacheslavS
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby djoserzee » Thu Jun 20 2019 11:17

Good day, I ask for your help!!!

Orange Pi PC + PCM5102 I2S-master doesn't work!
There is sound only after 3.5 jack (((

P.S. I installed different versions
Attachments
volumio.jpg
volumio.jpg (277.18 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Random avatar
djoserzee
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to Community portings