Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards

Volumio portings supported by community members

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Lichtenshtein » Sat Oct 12 2019 03:04

VyacheslavS wrote:The new version Volumio 2.632 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One)

Something's wrong with swaping
Code: Select all
swapon: /data/swapfile: swapon failed: Invalid argument

Orange Pi Lite
Random avatar
Lichtenshtein
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Charly » Fri Nov 01 2019 08:01

What about boards with H5 chipset - PC2 and Prime? Have both of them.
Random avatar
Charly
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby VyacheslavS » Fri Nov 01 2019 09:07

Charly wrote:What about boards with H5 chipset - PC2 and Prime? Have both of them.

On Orange PC2 you need to solder the Board, because one pin H5 is involved on the led.
VyacheslavS
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Charly » Fri Nov 01 2019 12:06

Soldering is not a problem, need to know only what pins have what signals, schematic is available. H5 has completely different core and will need different kernel. Because I know almost nothing about Linux compile it from sources is not possible for me. BTW Orange Pi zero need soldering also.
Random avatar
Charly
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Charly » Tue Nov 05 2019 22:16

I currently put together a player on Orange Pi zero using PCM5122 DAC and it is many times more responsive than my other one on Raspberry
Pi 1B+ (on RPi1 even playback time display is delayed about 6 seconds, startup time is about 5 minutes and library scan takes many hours), but there are two problems with OPi:
1) 88.2kHz & 96kHz recordings play at half speed! 192khz not play and give ALSA error.
2) there is only one I2S driver for master mode, I hoped to use slave mode in future.
Is these problems present on all Orange boards? I currently have PC, PC2 and Prime boards also.
All-ready checked half speed problem with 88.2kHz sample rate is present on OPi PC.
All was tested on build in first post Volumio-2.406

Builds provided by VyacheslavS Volumio 2.619 and Volumio 2.632 for OPi PC have not working i2s because of excessive jitter (around 1/4 period of bitclock!) that sends DAC in mute because of error. Problem with wrong playback speed at higher bitrates are present also.
Random avatar
Charly
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Previous

Return to Community portings