Volumio 2 on Khadas boards

There are no more Volumio 2 images available

1 Like

any ETA ??

We never give ETAs as we can’t guarantee dates.
But very soon :wink:

:slight_smile:

so will this support Khadas edge-V with the toneboard attached ?

Sorry, we will not produce Volumio for the edge platform.
So far, not any RK3399 platform showed enough interest, so this will not be worth our effort.

updated OP

i cant wait :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is a short delay, Khadas and I are finishing the last bits with onboard audio, hopefully we manage the next few days.

Update see OP, there is now support for VIM1/VIM2/VIM3

:slight_smile: still waiting for my VIM and toneboard.
but then it is time for testing.

Hello,

@gkkpch : just bought you a beer. May I suggest a Belgian Trappist :smiley:

The new build is up and running on my Khadas Vim1 together with the Khadas Toneboard.

HDMI output (video) works, so you can display the Volumio interface on any screen/TV

Webradio works, Tidal works

It took me some time to figure out that the Android/uboot on the eMMC was ancient, therefore Volumio didn’t boot. Updated Android and everything was fine.

Thanks to all involved in making Volumio on Khadas happen.

Greetings,
Steven

Yes, there has been a bit of confusion with vim1/ u-boot because of previous vim1 versions which where based on a different u-boot/kernel combo.
I already expected this, glad you got it running. I was not able to reproduce it, because my VIM1 eMMC was already reset a while ago.
With VIM2/VIM3 we should not have that issue as there were no older Volumio images.
Care to share how you did it in just a few lines for other users?

This has been a joint venture with Khadas. A lot of uboot/kernel/performance support from @hyphop helped to get this done.
There are a few open issues (IR remote, kresc image), but we are nearly there.
.kresc images are maintained by Khadas and offered from their website.

Hi,

Well, I couldn’t wait to get Volumio up and running, so I borrowed my girlfriends Windows laptop. No time fussing about with terminal command lines. :smiley:

1. Download the Android firmware : https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/FirmwareAndroid.html
  2. Upgrade via a USB-C cable, using this Khadas tool : https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/UpgradeViaUSBCable.html
  3. Start the tool and select your firmware. It will take a while, as the image will be verified.
  4. Connect your VIM1 to your computer using the usb cable. It will start up instantly. Use a usb port that delivers enough power to run your VIM.
  5. Be quick to put your VIM in upgrade mode using the reset and the power button : https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/HowtoBootIntoUpgradeMode.html
  6. If all went well, your VIM is recognized by the upgrade tool, and the Android update will start.

Basically, the link in point 2 explains the whole upgrade process.

Greetings,
Steven

Updated versions, see OP

How to set up Volumio-2.757 on tf with Vim1 ?
I failed with the following step as earlier version of Volumio:

1. Vim1 burned in emmc with Android 7 and it can run.
  2. Android system has upgrade with aml_autoscript.zip in the earlier version of Volumio.
  3. Burned the file volumio-2.757-2020-04-26-kvim1.img into tf
  4. Insert the tf into the tf socket.
  5. Vim boot into android system instead of the volumio.

I think something must be wrong. But I cannot find it.
Any suggestion? Thank in advance!

These earlier versions of Volumio were created by a third party (see volumio-box-amlogic-s9xxx-s8xxx )
This has a specific u-boot, so you need to re-init your eMMC
Can you connect a serial console? If yes, stop the boot process and do “store init 3” and reset, then reboot.

Hi,

Just performed an OTA, which went well.

One thing that keeps going wrong is HDMI output to my Sony TV.
After a while the Volumio webpage refreshes itself and reverts to ‘something went wrong’ webpage.

I can provide a log if this is the correct place to do so.

Greetings,
Steven

yes please use the log function (see help)

ah, did you install and use the volumio touchscreen plugin or control Volumio from a standard tv browser webpage?

Hi,

None of the above (no touchscreen plugin, no standard tv browser).

I just used : Settings>System>User interface HDMI.

Log file : http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/7t4HpYC.html

Greetings,
Steven