Volumio iOS App

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Volumio iOS App

Postby Anglepen » Wed Jun 06 2018 04:59

sic79 wrote:I also wonder how to FF and RW, if it is possible?

Other than that I really like the App, looks great and it is very responsive :)

Thanks for a great application!


To FF and REW I just tap on the circular central progress disc to move the track onwards or backwards.
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Mar 07 2018 06:53

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.


Volumio iOS App

Postby sic79 » Wed Jun 06 2018 07:43

Anglepen wrote:
sic79 wrote:I also wonder how to FF and RW, if it is possible?

Other than that I really like the App, looks great and it is very responsive

Thanks for a great application!


To FF and REW I just tap on the circular central progress disc to move the track onwards or backwards.


Hm Well, thats wierd. It wont work on my phone. I suspected it should work just like the webgui but in the app it doesnt.

I have a iPhone 6s, anyone else have the same setup and got it to work?

Edit: Tested now on my wifes iPhone 5s and it did not work either.
Random avatar
sic79
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 20 2018 18:46


Volumio iOS App

Postby Anglepen » Wed Jun 06 2018 11:36

I have an iPhone 5s dedicates just as a remote, and an iPhone 6 and works perfectly on both :?:
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Mar 07 2018 06:53


Re: Volumio iOS App

Postby sic79 » Wed Jun 06 2018 11:56

Anglepen wrote:I have an iPhone 5s dedicates just as a remote, and an iPhone 6 and works perfectly on both :?:


Ok. On your iPhone 6 do you have iOS 11.4? I cant understand why it can behave different, maybe it could be an iOS version issue?
Random avatar
sic79
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 20 2018 18:46


Volumio iOS App

Postby Anglepen » Wed Jun 06 2018 17:03

I’m still on ios 11.3.1, maybe that’s why?

I don’t want to suggest another app and get in trouble but there is an unofficial Volumio app on the AppStore that is ok, maybe try that to test if it’s ios related, it works in the same way
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Mar 07 2018 06:53


Re: Volumio iOS App

Postby sic79 » Wed Jun 06 2018 17:14

Anglepen wrote:I’m still on ios 11.3.1, maybe that’s why?

I don’t want to suggest another app and get in trouble but there is an unofficial Volumio app on the AppStore that is ok, maybe try that to test if it’s ios related, it works in the same way


Yes, to bad all my iOS devices in the household is on latest version.

I dont know if the app is still maintained? If it is i am sure it will be noticed pretty soon.

Thanks you @Angelpen for helping me troubleshoot. Now atleast I know how it works :)
Random avatar
sic79
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 20 2018 18:46


Re: Volumio iOS App

Postby Anglepen » Wed Jun 06 2018 18:44

sic79 wrote:
Anglepen wrote:I’m still on ios 11.3.1, maybe that’s why?

I don’t want to suggest another app and get in trouble but there is an unofficial Volumio app on the AppStore that is ok, maybe try that to test if it’s ios related, it works in the same way


Yes, to bad all my iOS devices in the household is on latest version.

I dont know if the app is still maintained? If it is i am sure it will be noticed pretty soon.

Thanks you @Angelpen for helping me troubleshoot. Now atleast I know how it works :)



You are more than welcome my friend, don’t give up yet, that second app I suggested has an easy click button to open web gui, could be a workaround?
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Mar 07 2018 06:53


Volumio iOS App

Postby Annie_Yazbeck » Mon Nov 19 2018 12:19

The good news for Apple Watch compatiblity is that Apple Watch has its Spotify app on it, which can let you to play, pause, skip tracks from your wrists. But you should know is that you can't enjoy offline playback feature. To listen to Spotify on Apple Watch, you still need to get help from Free Music Converter for Mac, which can download and convert Spotify files as MP3 so that you can freely convert Spotify files to Apple Watch offline.
Random avatar
Annie_Yazbeck
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 13 2018 10:53


Volumio iOS App

Postby snehalpatil2391 » Fri Mar 01 2019 07:09

I will difintely search for it in my playstore and will surely updated my iphone with it.
android development
Random avatar
snehalpatil2391
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 01 2019 07:06


Volumio iOS App

Postby gamanti » Sat May 04 2019 12:36

I am really impressed by the Volumio IOS App, particularly how snappy is in browsing my large collection in my NAS.
Amazing it works off a Raspberry Pi.

Two suggestions I'd love to see, and I think would improve usability:
1) when browsing through list of folders/artist etc, add a side bar with letters, to jump to that letter
2) in the home screen, ability to add a bookmarked folder (Right now takes 3 steps to get to a shared drive mount (music Library/source/mount)

Awesome work!
Random avatar
gamanti
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 04 2019 12:28

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest