Volumio iOS App

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio iOS App

Postby Petr667 » Fri Nov 10 2017 08:54

Hello, please, is in Volumio app(I have on my Iphone 5S - IOS10.3.3) possibility "adjust the volume without unlock the phone and search for the app"?
Random avatar
Petr667
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Volumio iOS App

Postby Tobi81 » Wed Nov 15 2017 11:34

Hello,

i have a clean install of volumio (2.310) and have buy the iOS App.

In the webbrowser i can control volumio: http://volumio or http://volumio.local

But when i startet the app on my iPhone 5 SE it's cant found any Player: "Device not found".
I have the latest iOS 11.1.1

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Tobias
Random avatar
Tobi81
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby Hugh » Thu Dec 21 2017 08:07

Hi,

I have the same issue as above. I downloaded the iOS app and it worked well. Now, it cannot find my device. I can access the device through my browser only. I have tried resetting my browser and clearing user data from Volumio.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you.
Random avatar
Hugh
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby szuszmusz11 » Sat Jan 06 2018 23:03

Hello,

I tested the ios app today (with Volumio 2.344, USB drive connected with music files, YouTube and Spotify plugins installed)
Thanks for your work, really great app. Please find my observations below:

Pro
- unlike the Volumio web UI, it correctly saves/remembers the browse location when app put into background, both for the Music Library and for Spotify) - this is a huge plus
- stable connection to volumio device
- search functionality includes local library, YouTube and Spotify
- nice and straightforward interface

Issues I had:

- cue/flac not working. It lists the individual tracks but when i tap the track nothing happens (the play/add to queue menu does not show up). This works correctly via the webapp.

- when going through search results, any individual tracks listed (for either Library, YouTube or Spotify) have the same issue: nothing happens when tapped on. If it's something that can expand further (eg. playlist, either youtube or Spotify) or an album or artist (Spotify) then that opens correctly and the tracks inside it can be accessed. This feature, again works well on the web UI.

Thanks again!
Cheers
Random avatar
szuszmusz11
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby amirah » Thu Jan 11 2018 11:16

Nice app! it is developed as community support for Volumio. Also it runs on a variety of devices.Thanks...
Random avatar
amirah
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby DeNyss » Mon Jan 22 2018 14:05

Hi everyone.

Discovered this app just recently, huge thanks to it's author and people contributing. One possible issue I'm facing is the queue playback being repeated even if the repeat is shown as turned off. This never happened previously when I was using web UI. Also, adding a 'quick scroll' option, like in iPhone's contacts view to media library/album/artist etc. lists would be really useful, as was mentioned in this thread earlier.
Random avatar
DeNyss
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby bobzibub » Wed Jan 24 2018 16:38

Tobi81 wrote:Hello,

i have a clean install of volumio (2.310) and have buy the iOS App.

In the webbrowser i can control volumio: http://volumio or http://volumio.local

But when i startet the app on my iPhone 5 SE it's cant found any Player: "Device not found".
I have the latest iOS 11.1.1

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Tobias

I have the same issue. Volumio is running on a different subnet than the wireless network subnet. I can access using an IP address but cannot specify the IP address in the app.
Random avatar
bobzibub
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Volumio iOS App

Postby cgtobi » Mon Mar 05 2018 18:52

Petr667 wrote:Hello, please, is in Volumio app(I have on my Iphone 5S - IOS10.3.3) possibility "adjust the volume without unlock the phone and search for the app"?

Great idea. Just like the Sonos app does.
Random avatar
cgtobi
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Volumio iOS App

Postby sparky » Mon Jun 04 2018 19:39

I just installed the app on my iPad and iPhone, and I love it. It's responsive, whereas the webUI normally isn't. The unreliability of the webUI has always annoyed me a great deal, finally I have a solid Volumio client. Clean, stylish, lovely design!

Some issues I've found:

• I can't figure out how I'm supposed to fast-forward or rewind in a playing song. That is easily done in the webUI, how to do it in the app?
  • If I drag the volume slider above the max volume, it seems to set the volume to 0 rather than just leaving it at the max?
  • How do I move quickly in long lists, for instance an artist list with hundreds of items? Scrolling to the bottom of the list takes forever.
  • It doesn't seem like the app supports showing embedded album art.
Thanks to the Volumio developers for a great open source music player.
sparky
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Re: Volumio iOS App

Postby sic79 » Tue Jun 05 2018 18:55

I also wonder how to FF and RW, if it is possible?

Other than that I really like the App, looks great and it is very responsive :)

Thanks for a great application!
Random avatar
sic79
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks