Volumio-H60

Hi all, let me introduce my Volumio-H60.

I wanted to build up a music player really portable, to listen to music while in my office as well as in my music room.
in 2018 I developed (as a job) a small (2.4") touchscreen display, so I decided to design my own GUI and to interface to Volumio’s API
The specs are:

• PI3 + Kali reclocker
  • dual-mono PCM1794a DAC (I modded a commercial board)
  • Good headphone amp (TPA6120A2) with 6.3mm output Jack
  • ALPS volume control (on unbalanced output and headphones)
  • balanced/unbalanced out
  • Internal, very quiet multi stage power supply (independent output for RasPI, DAC, headphone amp)
  • Custom display, touchscreen
  • As small as possible
    I enclose some photos of finished work. The overall dimensions are 200x200x60mm (hence the H60 in the name)
    Everything fitted although I would have left apart the PI a little more…
    PCM1794a has a very, very good (analog ? :blush: sound), lots of air around instruments
    I play most 24/96KHz tunes with Tidal (Yes, I am a MyVolumio user), difference with 16/44.1 is devastating

in next project will use a bigger chassis and perhaps a multi-parallel DAC, like the DDDAC1794 NOS
Cheers,
Paolo
IMG_7964_PS.jpg
IMG_7963_PS.jpg
IMG_7966_PS.jpg

What a professional creation! Well done!

Wow beautiful !

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Very very stylish!

One question:
What plug-in is installed for make display working?

Inviato dal mio pericoloso tramai utilizzando Tapatalk

It is not a plugin actually, it’s a python daemon wich talks to Volumio on one side (SocketIO), and with my display with serial bidirectional communication.
Display has his own microprocessor with graphic libraries and LCD driver, so I can keep it powered all the time and switch ON/OFF raspberry with a touch…
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-07 at 17.33.02.jpeg

That looks fabulous! Kudos!
Was it a custom built case or did you find an off the shelf enclosure?

Hi, for the outside I used a commercial case plus custom cnc machining, internally I used laser cut and folded sheet

Thanks for your clear explanation! :slight_smile:

This daemon is a your propriety o free code? I’m very interesting because I would like to upgrade my volumio system that works with a 20x4 text LCD by discontinued plug-in. It is poor of info and not work with Spotify connect.

Inviato dal mio pericoloso tramai utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, I read your PM but I can’t reply because I am a new user and forum doesn’t allow me to send PMs. However I want to thank you! :slight_smile:

That looks very good.
Like a pro :wink:

Send from my Huawei Mate 9 with Tapatalk