[GUIDE] Volumio Bluetooth receiver

Guides to let you easily discover and enjoy Volumio

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby aconst » Mon Feb 11 2019 12:52

Ladies and gentlemen,

Is there any chance to get a Bluetooth Plug-In for Volumio?
Or DAB+?

Thanks for your help!

Regards from Munich
Adrian
Random avatar
aconst
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby maud » Sun Apr 28 2019 06:09

After spending 20 hours and almost finding all the bits I found there were another 4 pages of discussion and Tx_ukie, vrdsp0 and others had already given all the steps to take. :D

Well almost, as I still have trouble in /bluealsa-aplay. I am having volumio 2.565 on RPi-2 B and a CSR bluetooth adaptor. 5.50 bluez. I have paired and connected the Pi and my Android phone. When the phone plays music can see hci0 receives data using command
Code: Select all
sudo hciconfig hci0
sleep 2
sudo hciconfig hci0

But there is no sound and I can see that bluealsa-aplay service has trouble:
sudo systemctl -l status bluealsa-aplay@0C:xxxxxx81
volumio@vopi:~$ sudo systemctl -l status bluealsa-aplay@0C:xxxxxx81.service
● bluealsa-aplay@0C:xxxxxx81.service - BlueAlsa-Aplay --profile-a2dp -d default:CARD=ALSA 0C:xxxxxx81
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluealsa-aplay@.service; disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2019-04-28 04:50:35 UTC; 48s ago
Process: 1582 ExecStart=/usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay --profile-a2dp -d default:CARD=ALSA %I (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 1582 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Apr 28 04:50:35 ddd systemd[1]: Started BlueAlsa-Aplay --profile-a2dp -d default:CARD=ALSA 0C:xxxxxx81.
Apr 28 04:50:35 ddd bluealsa-aplay[1582]: process 1582: arguments to internal_bus_get() were incorrect, assertion "(error) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((error))" failed in file ../../dbus/dbus-bus.c line 426.
Apr 28 04:50:35 ddd bluealsa-aplay[1582]: This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
Apr 28 04:50:35 ddd bluealsa-aplay[1582]: /usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay: Couldn't obtain D-Bus connection:

I can reproduce the problem reliably with
volumio@vopi:~$ sudo bluealsa-aplay -v -i hci0 -d default:CARD=ALSA --profile-a2dp 0C:...81

I have checked PCM device name with aplay. That is not the problem.

I have done some searching and it seems that the error message is from being unable to get 'well-known names' and not handling the error properly.

It's getting so close. Any thought?
Random avatar
maud
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby fumok » Sun May 12 2019 16:43

I've update some notes. My setup is fully working (headless auto pair), with some tweaks. As always use at your own risk. This is not a how-to, it is a "how i did it" :D

Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3svmtvbt7haww ... r.pdf?dl=1
All files referenced: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pbtu3zommy05 ... 2.tgz?dl=1

Windows 10 sometimes refuses to pair with Volumio (I must retry pairing 2 or 3 times), with Android works flawless.
fumok
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby maud » Mon Jun 03 2019 14:14

maud wrote:It's getting so close. Any thought?

On the latest volumio (2.583) after a update and upgrade (which ends with some error) with apt-get, followed by a ```git pull``` which shows quite a few changes, I re-configured and re-made bluez-alsa and
IT WORKS NOW. Thanks!

edit: volumio has stopped working because mpd cannot start as a result of missing libbcm.so
Random avatar
maud
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to Guides