Volumio 2 on Amlogic g02ref (AML8726-MX)

Volumio portings supported by community members

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby patrickkfkan » Fri Jan 10 2020 16:29

chatosaf wrote:Is there a way to make the box to boot directly from SD card without having to apply the toothpick method? I've been reading the Libreelec forum but dinidn't figured it out. Thank you.

Do you have access to the serial console of your device? For my board I connected a UART adapter like this (wires soldered to the debug pins - I added a fan as well since the box runs rather hot for me ;)):
aml8726mx-uart-1.png
aml8726mx-uart-1.png (4.65 MiB) Viewed 47 times

If you have access to the serial console, it should be possible to configure u-boot so that it boots directly from SD card.
patrickkfkan
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby chatosaf » Fri Jan 10 2020 16:49

patrickkfkan wrote:
chatosaf wrote:Is there a way to make the box to boot directly from SD card without having to apply the toothpick method? I've been reading the Libreelec forum but dinidn't figured it out. Thank you.

Do you have access to the serial console of your device? For my board I connected a UART adapter like this (wires soldered to the debug pins - I added a fan as well since the box runs rather hot for me ;)):
aml8726mx-uart-1.png

If you have access to the serial console, it should be possible to configure u-boot so that it boots directly from SD card.

Ok Patrick, thanks for the information. I will investigate if it's possible to apply the multi-boot procedure that is used on S802 boxes.
Also I will try to build a image based on previous version of volumio.

Great job, thank you!
Random avatar
chatosaf
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to Community portings