Volume balance (left, right)

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby nlwouter » Sat Oct 12 2019 11:01

Hi,

I use a Allo USBridge running Volumio almost daily to listen to headphones.
Because of what i presume is hearing damage i hear more with my left ear then my right which shifts imaging to my left.
It is beginning to really bug me, so i have been looking all over for a way to shift the volume balance slightly. i even tried modifying the SSH files, but that seems to be to complicated for me, as i have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

Is there anyone that could help me with modifying the SSH files to change to volume balance, or is someone capable of making a plugin i could use? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
Random avatar
nlwouter
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Ytheleus » Yesterday 18:26

I could really use a LR balance function as well, hopefully also usable with the soft volume control and preferably not destroyed by a volumio auto update process. I believe there is a suitable alsa function, but I don't get involved in low level business if I can avoid it.
I want it because the devices in my playback chain do not have LR balance function and my speakers are unavoidably offset from the ideal equi-distant position as well as one being stuck in an upper corner of the room, which skews the stereo image badly. LR balance would be helpful to correct or partly correct this.

This would make a very nice mini plugin, in my view, but any solution welcome.
Random avatar
Ytheleus
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Return to Help