[solved] Vcgencmd commands

Hello!
I need to use some vcgencmd commands but i see that this tool is no longer available in the Volumio image.
What is the way to have anew this tool in rpi with volumio?
Thanks

I speak of volumio for Rapsberry PI of course.

No answer…?

if you have an android smartphone you can use RasPi Check

This application needs also the tool vcgencmd…
The following message is showed when i try to use it: “The tools ‘vcgencmd’ was not found in your Pi. Make sure it is located under ‘/usr/bin’ or /opt/vc/bin’”

Hello,
As i mentionned, Raspi Check uses vcgencmd tool that is no longer available in Volumio.
The following message is showed when we try to use it: “The tools ‘vcgencmd’ was not found in your Pi. Make sure it is located under ‘/usr/bin’ or /opt/vc/bin’”
What could be the solution to solve this problem?
Can i add easily vcgencmd in Volumio?

Thanks
Regard
Pascal

Hi,
I did a update of Volumio as Michelangelo explains :

sudo apt-get uppdate sudo apt-get install binutils sudo rpi-update
and now vcgcmd commands are available
hope it will help

Thanks!!
It’s working!
Just a precision… You need to use pi account to get temperature, not enough privilege for volumio account.

Regards

Hi. I followed balbuze’s post. After the restart Volumio2 would not start, and the Pi was not even visible on the network. (Volumio2 on Pi3). Is it a Volumio2 thing or is there something else I should do? Thank you.

This is meant to be used on 1.55 only. With Volumio 2, ‘rpi-update’ will break your system.
If you really need it, add a request to the issue list on http://github.com/volumio/volumio2, perhaps it can be built in.

Found this Thread after I broke my system trying to ‘rpi-update’ . :blush:
“Vcgencmd commands” would really be appreciated here, too.