UPNP/DLNA not working with 2.5.7.2

I wonder what you guys are doing here…

I know it is a free project, but nevertheless:

I updated 2.5.5.5 to 2.5.6.5: UPNP/DLNA not working anymore.
I downgraded to 2.5.5.5: UPNP/DLNA working properly.
I updated 2.5.5.5 to 2.5.7.2: UPNP/DLNA not working anymore.
I did a fresh install of 2.5.7.2: UPNP/DLNA not working.
I downgragded to 2.5.5.5 again: UPNP/DLNA working properly.

So 2.5.5.5 is the latest version thts supports UPNP/DLNA. Forget about the rest.

This was already reported here: https://forum.volumio.org/bug-upnp-openhome-interface-t11990.html and here https://forum.volumio.org/bug-upnp-openhome-interface-t11990.html but nobody seems to care about.

Maybe the focus is more and more on the comercial aspect.

Can you please explain better what is your problem?
Please tell us the exact steps (which app you use, what steps you do ecc)

If possible also send logs: volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

I noticed the same. It is not possible to control volume via any UPnP client (BubbleUPnp, Kinsky, …) as long as plugins are running (in my case it is BruteFIR). As controling the volume via UPnP client is crucial to me, as is using BruteFIR, I haven’t done more tests but I reverted to 2.5.5.5.

Obviously something related to volume control has changed after the version 2.5.5.5 so volume control is not working with certain plugins being active. Btw, I’m using hardware volume control setting. Volume control was working correctly with BruteFIR from early versions. The only thing that didn’t work correctly was that Mixer type field was incorrectly showing “None” instead of “Hardware” but volume control worked correctly when BruteFIR was active. From version 2.5.6.5 volume control stopped working from UPnP clients when BruteFIR is active. It did however work from GUI.

Strange questions! DLNA is broken. It’s not working with JRiver for example.

Please test it before release.

I’ve listened to music all day via UPNP, from bubble upnp and others…
If you want to get help, at least reply questions

Do yo have “Hardware” mixer settings and active any plugin that uses loopback interface?

I again refer to https://forum.volumio.org/bug-upnp-openhome-interface-t11990.html

Controlling Volumio directly by Bubble UPNP running on an Android device, playback suddenly stops after a track is played and playback becomes “erratic”. Means tracks from the playlist are deleted, playback continues with some erraic track from the playlist.

Using Bubble UPNP server running on my Synology NAS emulating Volumio as an Openhome renderer tracks are “played” for a fraction of a second, then stopped. Next track played for a fraction of a second, then stopped,…

Same behaivior for 2.5.6.5 and 2.5.7.2. No matter if updated from 2.5.5.5 or freshly installed from the scratch.

Sorry I can’t provide logs. I downdated to 2.5.5.5 again to get a stable system. This took me one hour.

I won’t touch it again until bugs are fixed. Maybe anyone else being still on 2.5.6.5 or 2.5.7.2 can provide logs.

Thanks, that’s enough for now. I will look into it immediately.

Hello,
same problem here. I was using Bubbleupnp server in my Qnap NAS to stream Qobuz to Volumio gapless without any problem. Sincerely my last update of Volumio was in January so I don’t know which is the latest working version but after updating to version 2.5.7.2 playback stops at the end of each track. Unchecking “gapless playback” in Bubbleupnp server it goes to next track, but obvioulsy whit a gap.
Usually I stream my local music to volumio directly and I can confirm gapless playback works but if I try streaming local music via the Bubbleupnp server I can reproduce the same bug of fm-maniac: all tracks in the playlist are skipped without playing.
Thank you very much for looking into this bug!
Good Easter.

Andrea

Hi Andrea, this is a very good hint that you gave us. In one of the last updates we added gapless playback for UPNP, this might somehow affected UPNP playback from the server itself.
We are looking into it

Hi Michelangelo. I found another bug which is not related with Bubbleupnp server emulating an openhome renderer but with the openhome implementation in Volumio itself. I’ve always used Volumio only as an openhome renderer controlling it via Lumin or Kazoo app. After updating to latest version if I add a track in the playlist while Volumio is playing another song it suddendly stops! I hope this info could be useful. Good work.
Andrea