Update playing track in other Spotify apps

When I play a track from Spotify on Volumio my other Spotify players are not updated with the current track information. Would be lovely to have that in order to like a track, see whatsplaying, etc. Is that not possible?

You need a Spotify Connect implementation for that. Check out the plugin manager for some options :slight_smile:

I have the Spotify Connect Plugin installed but that is something different: I can then use Volumio as speaker. But when I use e.g. my Spotify app on my laptop to play music the spotify app on my phone will show the current track playing nonetheless. This does not happen when I play spotify tracks from the volumeio web interface.

Ah - I think I get what you mean - you want to have the Volumio UI display your currently playing Spotify song, irregardless of where it’s playing?

The other way around: I want to start a track from Spotify in Volumio and then see all other Spotify players update.

You’re out of luck - the current Volumio Spotify plugin is based on the ancient libspotify based spop that doesn’t implement Spotify Connect (so no synced state).

with Volspotconnect2 - once a Spotify session is started - you can control simple playback (Previous/Next) from the UI, and have the state synced with all you Spotify devices - but this of course doesn’t expose all you playlists and such the way the Spotify plugin does.