Touch screen keyboard help

Hi,

I’ve used Volumio before but not with a touch screen and recommended it to a friend who has a Brennan JB7 which has been giving him problems.

I recommended using a Raspberry Pi, official 7" touchscreen + case, HifiBerry DAC. He bought all the parts and I’ve put it together.

I’ve got it up and running but I’m having problems with the virtual keyboard after following all I can find on setting up a keyboard.

VIDEO LINK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE ON FAULT

I’ve done the following:
sudo apt-get install matchbox-window-manager matchbox-keyboard

Edit the following file:
sudo nano /opt/volumiokiosk.sh

add the following after xset commands: ****************** THERE IS NO XSET COMMANDS IN THIS FILE *******************
matchbox-keyboard -d &
matchbox-window-manager -use_titlebar no &

comment the line:
openbox-session &

SO the file is currently as below:
#!/bin/bash
while true; do timeout 3 bash -c “</dev/tcp/127.0.0.1/3000” >/dev/null 2>&1 && break; done
sed -i ‘s/“exited_cleanly”:false/“exited_cleanly”:true/’ /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
sed -i ‘s/“exit_type”:“Crashed”/“exit_type”:“None”/’ /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
#openbox-session &
matchbox-keyboard -d &
matchbox-window-manager -use_titlebar no &
while true; do
/usr/bin/chromium-browser
–disable-pinch
–kiosk
–no-first-run
–disable-3d-apis
–disable-breakpad
–disable-crash-reporter
–disable-infobars
–disable-session-crashed-bubble
–disable-translate
–user-data-dir=’/data/volumiokiosk’ --no-sandbox localhost:3000
done

As the only instructions on having a virtual keyboard was from a few years ago. As there has been updates is it different on getting a keyboard now?
NOTICE I put additional ***** text as the file to edit doesn’t have the xset lines.

A twitter link of a video on what happens
https://twitter.com/Mr_MartinParker/status/1258941474491817985?s=20

I forgot to mention which version I’m currently running :open_mouth:

So I’ve tried the following versions and all have same issues:

and the latest version of 2.773

Further more after trying to get onto the keyboard if I try to access the system menu it flashes on and off on screen so I have to remotely do anything