time zone settings and more diagnostic output

What you want to find in next Volumio release?

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby McNail » Sat May 23 2020 16:22

1. since I haven't found something suitable settings in the Volumio settings menu to change the time zone of Volumio, it could be useful to manually change time and/or time zone. Volumio uses always UTC and with every new Volumio installation I have to to enter "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" manually to change to CET or MET as time zone

2. As far as I can see, errors (e.g. due to wrong settings) from the settings will only cause a short red notification in the upper right corner of the Web browser. Maybe it would be useful to enable temporary debug output for errors or other messages somewhere to /var/log/

Regards
Ralf
McNail
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby ashthespy » Sat May 23 2020 18:54

I recently opened up a PR adding the plumbing for the timezone settings in the Backend - https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/pull/1971
Following that, we can have a setting in the "First run" wizard for this.

For debuging - `journalctl -u volumio.service` logs all output from the backend. You can follow the logs with `-f` as usual.
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby McNail » Sun May 24 2020 10:10

ok, thanks. This sounds really good
McNail
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Return to Suggest a feature