on TIDAL some playlist overviews are not displaying

Hi!

At the moment I am evaluating TIDAL and MyVolumio. I would like to listen to the editorial playlists on TIDAL -> playlists, but there are some not displaying (for example Love).

I am on version 2.522

Regards,
Matthias

Looking at the problem again today, I might have found, why some topics are not displayed.

The overview I mean is showing like this (I am located in Germany)
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-12 um 00.51.03.jpg

I get the playlists which have probably the exact spelling in english (Party, Relax), but not the localized ones (Konzentration, Liebe). For me it would be OK to just somehow get the english titles, but I think that is no general solution for everyone.

Matthias

Hi MyVolumio Team, first great work on Volumio, but I am facing several issues with Tidal plugin in the area of playlist handling.

First of all, I would like to confirm the same problem/issue which Matthias reported for German language, I am located in Poland
and have exactly the same problem for browsing Tidal playlists for Genres, which spelling in Polish is different than in English.

Second, there have been also different reports in other threads on this forum that quite often Tidal playlist are not being played, not sure why.

Third, in Tidal’s MyMusic section - I can only see Playlists which have been created by myself, but there is no Tidal created ones despite the fact
they display correctly on Web/Mobile App versions.

I am running the latest version 2.526 on RPI2+HiFiBerry DAC + PRO.

Please help with those as those problems defeat a bit the purpose of the MyVolumio subscription for me, given Tidal plugin is the most important here
as you can imagine.

Thanks for your help
Tomo

any info on this? Have you acknowledged this as a bug?

Matthias

Hi Guys,
yes, we have acknowledged it, and in fact TIDAL playlists have been something we are working on a lot since day 1.
The issues you guys are reporting are particulalry trycky to replicate, since we can’t see your localized playlists and don’t know what causes the personal playlist to not work sometimes.
Bear with us, we’re doing our best to solve those

I have seen, that the genres and moods are mentioned in the latest changelog, but unfortunately the problem persists. If you have problems to reproduce this, I can help, if you tell me, what to do, as I can help myself around log files, linux shells and network dumps.

Matthias

I’m on version 2.565 on Raspberry 3B+.

Predefined Tidal playlists which were added to “my collection” in Tidal app, are not shown in Volumio/Tidal/My Music/Playlists.
Only my personal Tidal Playlists are shown in Volumio.

To me it seems easy to reproduce. Just ad a predefined playlist to your “my collection” in Tidal app and see if it is shown in Volumio/Tidal/My music/Playlists.

Trying to get the same user friendly experience as with Spotify, but that seems not that easy.

Keep up the great work!!