Yet, the best thing about Motivo is that we want YOU to join the last part of its development. Of course, we already have clear ideas on the final designs and specifications, but there are some areas in where we would like to involve our beloved community, to truly deliver something meaningful to all of you.
So, we started a dedicated mailing list (you can subscribe from the thread linked above) and we are gathering precious insights from everyone participating.
First: many thanks to all of you who took some time to participate, we were blown away by the amount of replies and useful feedbacks received.
We decided to share the outcomes in this dedicated thread, to foster even more interesting debates and conversations, and to keep everyone posted.
PHASE 1: Let's get to know each other and understand our relationship with Hi-Fi
This was an initial survey, meant to get useful feedback about your relationship with Hi-Fi and what you consider important in a streamer. Some very interesting insights emerged, here is the summary of what we understood from you.
1) Audio Engineering Superiority definitely emerged as the most important aspect for Motivo with 40% of votes. Price / Quality ratio is second with 20% of votes and Features, Integrations and User Friendliness have 10% of votes each. In the next weeks we are going to prepare a complete product page of Motivo where we will share with you all the engineering components, audio features and product details. We will leave many options open and we plan on doing a second survey fully dedicated to the tech aspects of the product. That's where we will really talk about the core of the product. Stay tuned for that.
2) We will back it up with independent reviews. Many of you named Darko Audio, Hans Beekuyzen, Stereophile and many other reviewers and magazines as the top personalities in the HI-FI scene. We recognize that you really appreciate a 3rd party, independent review before purchasing an important product and, for this reason we are contacting them to organize in depth product reviews to let you make a well-informed decision and provide the confirmation that you are buying a truly amazing product.
3) There's going to be a super meet-up in Milan at the beginning of September. This is going to be the first Volumio Live event. It will be focused on Motivo and everyone will have the possibility to try it and discuss it directly with the Volumio team, the community and many industry experts that will participate to the event. And of course, you can expect a lot of free food and music.
4) We are working to let you the possibility to buy it on Amazon. We understand that for many of you it is much easier to buy stuff on Amazon. It simply has the best service in the world and for almost 30% of you is also the ideal place to purchase Volumio Motivo. If possible and if in line with our distribution partners strategy we will contact Amazon soon to have our hardware products listed in as many countries as we can so that you can comfortably purchase Motivo.
5) There's going to be an in-depth Q&A session. This has been one of the most requested activities in the survey and we are definitely going to organize a live Q&A (online) where everyone of you can ask questions and leave comments to the Volumio Team.
I am hoping the Motivo comes in two versions: one with built in DAC and one without. This way I can make a more economical choice if I already have a DAC and just want a replacement for my SBC running Volumio.