Spottify Connect2 Plugin not working

If something seems really buggy, report it here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby hschwender » Sat May 23 2020 09:04

I use an external DAC (Project UDB Box S+). When this DAC is configured, Spttify can‘ t connect to Volumio on my Raspberry Pi 4. The Spottify Connect service is visible, I can select it from the Spottify App, then it says connecting..... but it will never connect.
Only if I switch back to the audio jack output device the connection works.
Random avatar
hschwender
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Jungstar » Sat May 23 2020 09:52

I have RPi 3B+ and Audiophonics 9038 DAC hat. It works for me
I think it would be nice if there was a description under the "plugins" that one can install both and the purpose of the Connect2 Plugin.

I have both Spotify Plugins installed and I can now control the music from Spotify. For me it was like installing two drivers, that is usually a no go. @ Lines under description in the Plugin descriptions would be nice.

Now, I can control Volumio via the Spotify Android app. And my GF/spouse can use the Airplay. (that is important!!!)
However, they seem to block any control from the Web interface. I would prefer if they all can just "overrule" whatever was going on.
Random avatar
Jungstar
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby ashthespy » Sat May 23 2020 12:38

hschwender wrote:I use an external DAC (Project UDB Box S+). When this DAC is configured, Spttify can‘ t connect to Volumio on my Raspberry Pi 4. The Spottify Connect service is visible, I can select it from the Spottify App, then it says connecting..... but it will never connect.
Only if I switch back to the audio jack output device the connection works.

@ hschwender Looks like it's failing to set up the proper output device/mixer. Could you share some logs so we can figure out what is going on?

Jungstar wrote:I have both Spotify Plugins installed and I can now control the music from Spotify. For me it was like installing two drivers, that is usually a no go. @ Lines under description in the Plugin descriptions would be nice.
Indeed it's a bit cryptic indeed - it doesn't help that there are also multiple (volspotconnect, volspotconnect2) Spotify connect plug-ins as well..

Jungstar wrote:Now, I can control Volumio via the Spotify Android app. And my GF/spouse can use the Airplay. (that is important!!!)
However, they seem to block any control from the Web interface. I would prefer if they all can just "overrule" whatever was going on.

Not sure I follow what you mean - The Spotify Connect plug-in (volspotconnect2) lets you control playback from the WebUI (pause/skip/) and change source as well. Furthermore, If you have used the "multi user" mode in the plug-in settings, you should also be able to switch sessions to another user from their Android/Desktop client as well.
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Return to Bug reports