Spotify works...partially

Hello,

First, I’m not one to usually jump on a board to post a problem, but my Spotify issue (and recent discovery noted below) gives me the perfect time to say how much I appreciate all who work on this project. My house is filled with music, I listen while I work, and I give a shout-out to all who’ve worked really hard to make this a reality.

I spent the last few days trying to diagnose a Spotify problem when selecting tracks to play. I currently run Volumio 2.5.6.5 on a Pi2B. I don’t remember the version I was running prior to my most recent Volumio update a few weeks ago, but as of the beginning of this year, I was able to select a Genre of music on in the spotify plugin and then add the tracks to my queue using “add to queue”, then select the “queue” tab at the bottom of the screen and my queue would be filled with tracks in that genre from various artists. For example, I could choose the “Chill” genre, and then locate the sub-genre like “The Piano Bar”, and then click to the right and select “add to queue” and all tracks regardless of artist or album would be put into my queue. Now, when I try to add-to-queue, I simply see a green horizontal bar scroll across the top from absolute left to absolute right, and then nothing appears in my queue.

HOWEVER, I discovered today that when I simply use the SEARCH bar in the upper right corner of the window in the spotify plugin and search for an artist (I entered Stan Getz), I get a list of all the albums by Stan Getz, and THEN I can add the tracks from the selected album by that artist to the queue…and everything is hunky-dory.

Ultimately, I’d really like to populate my queue with many artists from a genre–as I was able to do earlier in the year.

Any ideas what may have changed in the Spotify plugin between a few months ago and today that would prevent me from adding tracks from a variety of artists in a genre rather than having to look up a single artist by name?

I’m fairly Linux savvy, so if you need logs or debug output to diagnose, please let me know.

And…yes, I’m on Spotify premium. I have no problem playing tracks from a specific album by a specific artist.

Thank you!
–Jim

Is someone looking into this topic? A have similar, that you cannot start tracks from out Spotify “My Playlist”, only from “My Saved Albums”
Here my previous post her eon the Forum.
/////
Hello Volumio development team ! I’m a great fan of Volumio and love seeing becoming greater success. I have worked my self through the forum to get a fix for playing Spotify. Now with the token “My Playlist” is filling. Also “My Saved Albums”, “My Saved tracks”, ect.
However the only music I can play are from the list ''My Saved Albums". This is for the moment the only way to play from Spotify. From out “My Paylist” I can click “Play” or “Add to Queue”, but nothing happens. Like described by others above.
Any ideas?
//////

No news / updates on this?