spotify wont playback anything

I have the latest version 2575 .I can play all files from my storage.When I select spotify music it indicates playback started , but there is no sound.
When I look at the main menu (the playback circle ) the time is not advancing. So it appears the file is not playing.
Can anyone help.I have a paid subscription to spotify.

what is your dac, hardware device?

Hello ,Thanks for responding
I am using the hifiberry Dac +
It plays back fine on web radio and my local usb music files.
As I said it appears the play back wont advance as the time does not advance when I select a spotify song.
I have tried to change playback option for audio output from hifiberry to pi 3.5 onboard port with same result.
Im thinking its not an audio problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with resolving my spotify connect issue

just to be sure, are you talking about the plugin Spotify or Spotify connect (volspotconneect2) ?
If volspotconnect2, please post the content of /data/plugins/music_service/startconnect.sh (remove your credentials if any)

Thanks for the reply.I am not sure what app has the problem.I have spotify and spotify connect on my Ras pi .I believe you need both but not sure.
Can you provide brief description on how to view these files .I assume cannot be viewed with the sd card on a windows machine.I read somthing about putty.

Help enabling ssh
can anyone help ?
instructions say

How to enable SSH

“For security reasons, SSH is disabled by default on all versions after 2.199 (except first boot). It can be however enabled very easily. See below!
First method: DEV UI (easy)”

“Navigate to the DEV ui by pointing your browser to VOLUMIOIP/DEV or volumio.local/DEV . Find the SSH section, and click enable. From now on your SSH will be permanently”
HOW DO YOU GET TO THE GUI INTERFACE
I am assuming on the rassberry pi
Not another PCs web browser
I am logged in the Pi on volumio with same password

Not on the RPi itself, in a browser connected to the Volumio GUI.

I must add that you don’t need ssh to know plugins installed on your system. In volumio menu go to plugin then installed plugins and you see what you have installed.

Was trying to find and post the contents of data /plugins /music you had requested.
The gui would be on the browser on what device ? I have volumio on my phone but I have nothing that looks like the example browser that enables access to turn ssh off.Also trying to connect with putty and the connection is refused

From the docs page:

Basically substitute the ip address with the address you use to control the WebUI (aka the GUI) during normal operation.

Please before trying to use SSH, simply have a look in the plugin menu of volumio and tell us what you have installed!
SSH is not for"advanced" user…

Can anyone tell me how to get to the GUI interface pictured here.I am told you do it from another device.If I use my pc I enter my device IP I get the volumio interface… I am pc literate but I cannot get past this.
I am trying to enable ssh as described here .I cannot get to the pi with putty and I think I need to do these steps first.First method: DEV UI (easy)

Navigate to the DEV ui by pointing your browser to VOLUMIOIP/DEV or volumio.local/DEV . Find the SSH section, and click enable. From now on your SSH will be permanently enabled.

In the plug in menu I have spotify and the spotify connect service listed as active

I dont know what IP address to use to get to the gui you show as the volumio test player.The only IP i have is for my rasberry pi.
If I enter that I get to the volumio interface.

It’s is the same IP/address to get to the dev interface as is the normal Volumio interface.

Say for example you normally navigate to the Volumio interface with:

http://volumio.local/playback

Now, as in the docs - change the playback to dev and voila!

http://volumio.local/dev

The only way I can get to the interface is entering the raspi IP address (I am using my decktop pc)
volumio.local/dev AND volumio.local/playback both return the message: “cannot establish a connection to the server at volumio.local”
Thanks for your patience.

What do you normally enter to access your the Volumio interface?
Just add a /dev to the end of that ip address

Thank you! IT WORKED all I had to do and it worked.I spent 3 days trying to figure this out.I wish that was made more clear in the documentation.
I am going to see if I can resolve the spotify issue.
Thnaks again

The docs are a community effort - please feel free to contribute volumio.github.io/docs/Good_to_ … s_Doc.html

That being said, how would you have expected to be clearer? There is already a image with two red circles and an example address… :wink:

Are you trying to use Spotify Connect (i.e connect to the device via your desktop/mobile Spotify app) or are you browsing and selecting the songs for Spotify via Volumio directly?