Spotify plugin - latest system update

If something seems really buggy, report it here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby maroen » Sat Aug 10 2019 17:46

skikirkwood wrote:
maroen wrote:Same here. Spotify plugin 1.3.5, system version 2.599
1. Spotify playlists can be found but cannot be added to the queue and do not play.
2. Some tracks can be found and, if found, do play. But many tracks and albums do not appear in the search results. Example album: https://open.spotify.com/album/6bq5LCcImEKadWq08wusrP
Thank you for your help!

You will need to patch the plugin per these instructions:

how-get-the-spotify-plugin-working-t12368.html

Yes, this works. Thank you!
Random avatar
maroen
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby jparis » Tue Sep 24 2019 00:27

Spotify plugin not working for me. Plain Raspberry Pi3+, etched last 2.618 on new MicroSD, basic config and then trying spotify plugin without success, spotify icon not appearing at all.

Found this thread, tried this solution and same result, Spotify plugin not shown so can't access Spotify.

Own several raspberry PI3+ with older volumios and older Spotify solution where you also obtain the oAuth code and then replace the index file in the plugin and put the code and they work ok. But this new version seems to have something wrong with the Spotify plugin...
Random avatar
jparis
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby skikirkwood » Wed Sep 25 2019 03:35

jparis wrote:Spotify plugin not working for me. Plain Raspberry Pi3+, etched last 2.618 on new MicroSD, basic config and then trying spotify plugin without success, spotify icon not appearing at all.

Found this thread, tried this solution and same result, Spotify plugin not shown so can't access Spotify.

Own several raspberry PI3+ with older volumios and older Spotify solution where you also obtain the oAuth code and then replace the index file in the plugin and put the code and they work ok. But this new version seems to have something wrong with the Spotify plugin...

Can you post your log file - /var/log/volumio.log
Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Schiit Modi 2 Multibit DAC, Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3, IQAudio Pi-DAC+, Schiit Freya preamp, Bryston 3b power amp, B&W 803 speakers
skikirkwood
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby skikirkwood » Wed Sep 25 2019 03:49

jparis wrote:Spotify plugin not working for me. Plain Raspberry Pi3+, etched last 2.618 on new MicroSD, basic config and then trying spotify plugin without success, spotify icon not appearing at all.

I just upgraded to 2.619 and all is fine here.
Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Schiit Modi 2 Multibit DAC, Volumio 2 on Raspberry Pi 3, IQAudio Pi-DAC+, Schiit Freya preamp, Bryston 3b power amp, B&W 803 speakers
skikirkwood
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby jparis » Yesterday 17:45

YES!!!

I apologize for my mistake! After some tests I discovered that my Spotify account was weird as it let me login via browser (Firefox or course) and refuses to log in via app...

I's a family account and someone changed the address of the main account and the rest of the family accounts went toa weird state. I redid everything at the premium family level, etched a new SD with the latest Volumio (2.632), install the plugin with the new intructions at https://forum.volumio.org/how-get-the-spotify-plugin-working-t12368.html, put my username, password and Refresh Token in place and Voilá!

Working like a charm!
Random avatar
jparis
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to Bug reports