Spotify Connect

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Spotify Connect

Postby sashahilton00 » Fri Mar 13 2015 00:03

Just thought I'd put it out there that we're trying to implement an open source version of the Spotify Connect protocol, which allows you to stream to hardware devices. Figured Volumio would be one of the projects that would benefit from such an addition, but the main reason I'm here is that we're looking for anyone who knows a bit about reverse engineering or anything else that might help the project out, and if you have some spare time and want to contribute, for the benefit of of open source media boxes everywhere ;)

Anyways, thanks for reading.

The repo for work so far, and links to related stuff can be found here: https://github.com/sashahilton00/spotif ... -resources
And if you're feeling talkative, the repo chatroom is here: https://gitter.im/sashahilton00/spotify ... -resources

Any and all contributions welcome. See u soon :)
sashahilton00
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Spotify Connect

Postby sashahilton00 » Sun Mar 15 2015 19:33

Just thought I'd let anyone interested know, we have managed to implement a Spotify Connect prototype, which runs on armv6. We will need help building out the library to fully support all Connect features, more on that later on once we have a POC for decrypting the Connect encryption, and have decided whether to reverse the entire thing, or just make a wrapper and hook into libspotify. Have a read of the chatroom log on gitter if interested.
sashahilton00
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Spotify Connect

Postby michelangelo » Sun Mar 15 2015 21:32

Really interested. Let me know how can I help with this.
michelangelo
Founder

Spotify Connect

Postby jonas18z » Sat Mar 21 2015 12:06

jonas18z
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Spotify Connect

Postby sashahilton00 » Fri May 08 2015 20:15

Hi guys,

sorry but have been busy lately. TBH there isn't much to help with atm as we are still building the open source library, but once that is out, it would be great to see it integrated into as many applications as possible. All activity related to this project is happening on the Gitter chatroom, so stop by and catch up if you want ;)
sashahilton00
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Spotify Connect

Postby voorstad » Tue Jun 02 2015 06:59

It would be very convenient if we would have a Spotify Connect option for Volumio. The html interface works fine, but the Spotify app is just a step further in searching and creating playlists.

This will definitely improve the interest in Volumio / RPI as high end audio solution.

Keep up the good work!
Random avatar
voorstad
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Spotify Connect

Postby Rook » Tue Jul 28 2015 19:40

Any progress with Spotify Connect for Volumio?
Random avatar
Rook
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Spotify Connect

Postby tomcek » Wed Sep 02 2015 14:30

I repeat the question ... any progress with Spotify Connect? ;)
tomcek
Audiophile
Audiophile

Spotify Connect

Postby balbuze » Wed Oct 07 2015 16:53

Hurra!!!! :D :D
It works ! I made Spotify connect running with volumio using this : https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web
(I have tested it with volumio2 image but I think it should work on 1.55 and I will test it soon!
nota : You have to get a dev key from Spotify to use it. I used the pre-built version
:mrgreen:
balbuze

Spotify Connect

Postby michelangelo » Fri Oct 09 2015 00:13

Making its way into Volumio2 ;)
michelangelo
Founder

Next

Return to Development talks