Several problems with unconnected Volumios

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Shakkar » Sat Nov 30 2019 16:01

Hallo,
I've several Volumios at home, which are suddenly not connected.
I can't really identify the problem, because everything else works fine in my network (with other Raspberries and other OS).
The Volumios are not present with the web-interface. When I open the IP-Address, I get the message, that the device ist not accessible.

I've tried new installations on new cards.
I've tried to replace the network cables.
I've tried to use other Raspberries.
I used version 2.672 and 2.657. Same effect.
The Raspberrys are for example Version 1 Mod. B+, 2 Mod V1.2, 3 Mod B+ and so on. All different, but all the same errors.
I Use only Sandisk Cards. Some 8GB, some 16GB.
Some Volumios start and I can set up the devices. After some hours they are not available, too.
Has anybody else this problem? I'm in a fix.
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Random avatar
Shakkar
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby veryloudmusic » Mon Dec 02 2019 23:02

Shakkar wrote:Hallo,
I've several Volumios at home, which are suddenly not connected.
I can't really identify the problem, because everything else works fine in my network (with other Raspberries and other OS).
The Volumios are not present with the web-interface. When I open the IP-Address, I get the message, that the device ist not accessible.

I've tried new installations on new cards.
I've tried to replace the network cables.
I've tried to use other Raspberries.
I used version 2.672 and 2.657. Same effect.
The Raspberrys are for example Version 1 Mod. B+, 2 Mod V1.2, 3 Mod B+ and so on. All different, but all the same errors.
I Use only Sandisk Cards. Some 8GB, some 16GB.
Some Volumios start and I can set up the devices. After some hours they are not available, too.
Has anybody else this problem? I'm in a fix.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Yes. I have 2 rpi 3 model B. Both could not be left running as they would stop talking - sometimes they worked for a day or so before clamming up.

I have just bought an rpi 4 and updated to the latest volumio version. Only been about 20 hours so far, but still working.
Random avatar
veryloudmusic
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Return to Help