RPI Zero W audio options

I have thrown together a Zero W and have gotten it to boot correctly and am able to access the settings through a web browser. I also bought an adapter for the usb port to adapt a usb to 3.5mm adapter. I have the 3.5mm cord hooked to the stereo and am not getting any audio. I’m just at a stand still as far as finding anything posted in the forums to help me along the way. I’m hoping for an easy fix that I missed but I’m out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. If I am forgetting any information, I will provide it as needed.

What kind of adapter did you buy? I have bought some cheap generic adapters and as long as they use a driverless configuration (think it’s a called standard USB Audio Class) it seems to work and you can select the USB device from the playback options page in Volumio.

I also connected a cheap adapter to the raspberry but in the volumio playback options, I can only choose “audio jack” or “hdmi output”. There is no “usb audio” as it should be, I reckon. Does anyone know why I’m not seeing the usb option?

I am stuck on same problem. :confused: