RPI Zero W audio options

Dampers, cables, Turntables... Audiophilia, baby!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

RPI Zero W audio options

Postby elginite00 » Tue Aug 28 2018 21:36

I have thrown together a Zero W and have gotten it to boot correctly and am able to access the settings through a web browser. I also bought an adapter for the usb port to adapt a usb to 3.5mm adapter. I have the 3.5mm cord hooked to the stereo and am not getting any audio. I'm just at a stand still as far as finding anything posted in the forums to help me along the way. I'm hoping for an easy fix that I missed but I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. If I am forgetting any information, I will provide it as needed.
Random avatar
elginite00
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

RPI Zero W audio options

Postby Rees » Thu Sep 20 2018 22:24

What kind of adapter did you buy? I have bought some cheap generic adapters and as long as they use a driverless configuration (think it's a called standard USB Audio Class) it seems to work and you can select the USB device from the playback options page in Volumio.
Rees
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

RPI Zero W audio options

Postby FluppenUlli » Fri Apr 19 2019 10:24

Rees wrote:What kind of adapter did you buy? I have bought some cheap generic adapters and as long as they use a driverless configuration (think it's a called standard USB Audio Class) it seems to work and you can select the USB device from the playback options page in Volumio.

I also connected a cheap adapter to the raspberry but in the volumio playback options, I can only choose "audio jack" or "hdmi output". There is no "usb audio" as it should be, I reckon. Does anyone know why I'm not seeing the usb option?
Random avatar
FluppenUlli
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Return to Everything else