[PROPOSAL] Require plugins to be uploaded to Plugins repo

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Saiyato » Mon Dec 18 2017 16:32

michelangelo wrote:
macmpi wrote:- will pluginhelper allow developer to resume plugin development from a new/reset Volumio2 install (i.e not create a new plugin, but pull an existing one to do further work on it)

- Yes absolutely

That's helping a lot!

michelangelo wrote:I've invited devs to submit their plugins to the repo, but so far no joy... I think that the removal of plugin upload will happen in next release, and hope that will give the extra bit of motivation needed.

Ok ok, I will upload my plugins, I've been procrastinating that for some time now... Mostly because I have to have to PR for every change, or I'm just not getting Github, I like to work in my own little environment and easily push to the repo when I've reach a certain (quality) point.

But enough of this procrastination! I will try to PR some plugins tonight!
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby michelangelo » Mon Dec 18 2017 16:41

Thanks Sayato!
michelangelo
Founder

Postby michelangelo » Mon Dec 18 2017 23:10

Well done Sayato!
Now we have 3 more plugins: logitech media server, squeezelite and lastfm scrobbling!
Just Kodi needs a bit more attention (and that's what the plugin review is meant to highlight ;) )

Well done
michelangelo
Founder

Postby ROLO » Wed Dec 20 2017 21:02

Great Saiyato, I immediately installed you last.fm plugin. It's working perfectly :)
I'm sure a good selection of stable and supported plugins is going to add to the attractiveness of Volumio in general.
Random avatar
ROLO
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby macmpi » Sun Jan 21 2018 13:42

Just a quick note to plugin developers using built-in Volumio2 pluginhelper tool to design their stuff: I just followed-up an earlier @michelangelo's request to try to capture suggestions for this tool enhancements / fixes.
Feel free to feedback your pluginhelper needs here.
New User? Welcome! Please allow 8mn for first boot, and while the wait, be sure to carefully read Quick-start instructions and FAQ ;)
Question? please use search form first, and if posting for a problem, submit logs.
macmpi
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby thomas.doerr » Mon Feb 26 2018 20:16

Hi all,

I'm the writer of the auto_play plugin. I wrote it a few months / years ago, since this feature is missing in volumio.
Now some users have problems with the plugin and I cannot reproduce these issues on my machines.

Since the plugin upload buttons seems to be gone, I'm asking me: how can I provide a test version to users without any programing knowledge to let them test it?

Thanks in advance!
Thomas
Random avatar
thomas.doerr
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby chsims1 » Mon Feb 26 2018 23:11

This is a real issue with plugins that needs to be addressed: firstly, we need to identify tested devices, and then how can we extend it to cover all our supported devices.
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

Postby ashthespy » Tue Feb 27 2018 15:53

chsims1 wrote:This is a real issue with plugins that needs to be addressed: firstly, we need to identify tested devices, and then how can we extend it to cover all our supported devices.

Since we are using these npm's `package.json` files anyway - can't we include some custom fields such as `supported_arch`, or a `alpha/beta/release` type of field so that people can choose according to their comfort?
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Previous

Return to Development talks