[PLUGIN] IR Remote Controller feedback thread

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby kaptainen » Thu Jun 01 2017 07:20

wolfram wrote:
kaptainen wrote:im about to buy a ir reciever , problem is that i have a rpi3 with a allo reclocker and a piano dac on top.. can i mount the ir reciever on the piano dac? will the plugin work with a usb ir reciever or? sorry if this is a little of topic

I coudn't get it to work with a USB IR receiver on my PI 3. Not sure if that means, that it's not possible in general.

Ah okay thanks for the reply ;)
kaptainen
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby geek007 » Fri Jun 02 2017 09:42

Hi,
Can you please confirm will this plugin works with odroid C2 on hifishield+ DAC and odroid remote. Thanks
Random avatar
geek007
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby livs » Sat Jun 03 2017 14:18

Plugin works fine on RPi2 and DAC+, with index.js modified to use GPIO26.
As remote I use a Harmony configured as Odroid C2.
I have 2 issues:
- plugin need a save configuration action after each reboot or boot after power cut.
Is there any file for saving the config?
- volume up or down does not mach with hardware mixer, if mixer settings is set to 10, change in volume is 9 or 11, sometimes 10 as it should. I notice this on web gui.

Thank you for the work, save my time to config lirc.
Random avatar
livs
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby HoleyGrail » Wed Jun 07 2017 04:29

I tried to use an apple remote and PiFi Digi with the plugin. The digital output works but not the IR. Is it supposed to?

Is there any special configuration needed?
Random avatar
HoleyGrail
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby HoleyGrail » Thu Jun 08 2017 03:07

I hadn't realized there were 4 pages on this thread when I posted. After catching up, I changed index.js line 221 to:

exec('/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/dtoverlay lirc-rpi gpio_in_pin=26', {uid:1000,gid:1000},

which is what the PiFi HAT uses. I also removed my dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_in_pin=26 from /boot/config.txt. Then rebooted.

Still not working. Is it possible that the HAT is bad?
Random avatar
HoleyGrail
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby michel8166 » Thu Jun 08 2017 08:22

HoleyGrail wrote:I hadn't realized there were 4 pages on this thread when I posted. After catching up, I changed index.js line 221 to:

exec('/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/dtoverlay lirc-rpi gpio_in_pin=26', {uid:1000,gid:1000},

which is what the PiFi HAT uses. I also removed my dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_in_pin=26 from /boot/config.txt. Then rebooted.

Still not working. Is it possible that the HAT is bad?

I had the same with the apple remote i did not get him working either i used the odroid remote (i have a harmony one remote and put it on odroid remote) and then it worked.

Another forum member (warter) here has used his own lircd.conf file for the apple remote.

Look what he wrote.

Thanks! It works like a charm!

I have an A1156 remote and if I add my config files under "/ data / plugins / system_controller / ir_controller / configurations /", I can use it from the UI.
But it would be much nicer if it is part of the installer. Is there any way to add it to the installer?
Random avatar
Warter
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Maybe you can replace lircd.conf file from apple remote A1294 for apple remote A1156 maybe it will work.

The downloads for lircd.conf file can be found here.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/apple/

raspberry pi 4b 2gb - allo isolator - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby michelangelo » Thu Jun 08 2017 11:46

I will update the plugin with the ability to select the GPIO where the receiver is. Could you please let me know any possible GPIO where it might be?
michelangelo
Founder

Postby HoleyGrail » Fri Jun 09 2017 04:05

First, as it turns out, I have both an A1156 (old white) and A1294 (silver). Using the A1294, I again confirmed that it works with iTunes on my macbook.

I made a copy of the Apple Remote A1294 directory (called MyRemote) and replaced the original A1294 lircd.conf with the one from sourceforge, changed the plugin profile and even rebooted. Still nothing.

I think its the PiFi. Don't you?
Random avatar
HoleyGrail
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby michel8166 » Fri Jun 09 2017 09:36

I first had the infrared sensor
On gpio pin 5 and did not work with the apple remote when infrared sensor moved to gpio pin 25 and then the apple remote still did not work when Odroid plugin selected in volumio and also the Odroid software on my logitech harmony one remote controller then it worked Fine, I get the impression that something is wrong with the apple remote plugin.

I also have my own squeezbox lirc file and it works fine too on gpio pin 25.

Member justBoom wrote this:

You need to use BCM 25 (pin 22) currently as BCM 18 (pin 12) is already used by most I2S audio cards.

Https://pinout.xyz/pinout/amp_hat

and after i modified that, everything worked fine with Odroid plugin but what I also tried did not get the apple remote not working.
raspberry pi 4b 2gb - allo isolator - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby michel8166 » Fri Jun 09 2017 10:00

michelangelo wrote:I will update the plugin with the ability to select the GPIO where the receiver is. Could you please let me know any possible GPIO where it might be?

It would be very nice that the plugin is updated and that you can randomly select the gpio pins :D

I can assume that gpio pin 25 works with the Odroid plugin, but whatever i try the apple remote i'm not working, it can also be that i see things over the head or i do something wrong.

For the rest I can not control which gpio pin works or not, even though I would like to check that I have soldered the infrared because I have the hifiberry digi + pro on the raspberry pi.
Also, the digi + pro needs some gpio pins for the operation of the dac not every pin is then available.

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/ ... d-by-Digi-

By the way, volumio is very good, il love it :D and am very much charmed by the youtube plugin that really adds something to volumio am very happy with it

Keep up with this beautiful work.
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks