Recommended DAC-streamer/control with remote controller

Here you can find all important communications from Volumio's staff

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Recommended DAC-streamer/control with remote controller

Postby keramik » Thu Aug 15 2019 13:46

Hello,

I started using Volumio few days ago. I bought the HifiBERRY DAC+ / Rpi from a local shop and Volumio was already preinstalled on it. I am now listening music via Volumio and already found few challenges with it. I control the streaming via Android & iphone & PC.
My questions for you:
- which DAC/network streamer/Rpi would you suggest to use with Volumio? with HIFI berry what I don't like is that I cannot use remote controller. I would like to use remote controller to control loudness & overall control of streaming - to switch between radio channels on Volumio and songs/albums on USB. Is there any DAC/streamer like that?

- I don't like using WIFI, I prefer to use only ethernet cable connection. But having PC always turned on is not practical for me. So I would like to ask you whether there are any possibilities to somehow control the music streaming (web radios & music on USB stick or other media connected to DAC) with mobile phone (Android & iPhone) without being logged in to the local network via WIFI - e.g. to use mobile data OR sth else (Bluetooth).

thank you.
Random avatar
keramik
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Return to Staff comunications