Raspberry Pi 3 model B problems

I saw a lot of bugs when working with Volumio. The idea of making MDP with crutches was not initially simple. Management and stability on naked MDP not perfect.
Now main problem it is impossible to wake up system after a night’s downtime. He loses all connection with the network. Raspberry power on, but the system dies.

If turn off WiFi on router with high probability the system will not connect again to WiFi after a few hours. I also noticed the problem with mounting USB flash drives, HDD and other. Also if turn off the DAC, I will have to restart the system because the system will not play the sound . In general I can say that the system has a problem with mounting devices.

Does this topic help volumio-not-reconnect-web-radio-after-internet-down-t8205.html#p43577?

not sure that’s the solution to my problem. rather, it is:

Just download wifireconnect.zip
From Volumio webUI go in setting / plugin / updload plugin and select the previous file.
Refresh page
go in plugin settings and set the value you need and save.
github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … ireconnect

Unfortunately, the solution with the installation of the “Reconnect” does not solve the problem. I plan to involve our developers in solving problems. Most of all I’m depressed by the inaction of the Volumio team. The feeling that they are completely all this is not interesting.
photo_2018-01-14_12-22-08.jpg

Next decision

Go to PuTTY and connect to SSH Volumio

1. sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin/wifi-check
  2. cd /usr/local/bin/wifi-check
  3. sudo nano wifi-check.sh

paste this code:

#! /bin/sh

ssid=$(/sbin/iwgetid —raw) 

if [ -z "$ssid" ] 
then 
    echo "Wifi is down, reconnecting..." 
    /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 down 
    sleep 5 
    systemctl restart wireless 
fi 

echo "wifi-check done"

3.1 ctrl+x to save
4. sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/wifi-check/wifi-check.sh
5. sudo apt install cron -y
6. sudo crontab -e

Go to end of text and paste this:
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/wifi-check/wifi-check.sh

ALL DONE! Check this by command:
sh /usr/local/bin/wifi-check/wifi-check.sh
or cat /usr/local/bin/wifi-check/wifi-check.sh

Now system will check wi-fi connection each 5 minutes an restart if wifi can’t connect.
2018-01-14_183338.png

unfortunately, script does not decive problem

On my RPi3 using SSH over wifi: iwgetid displays

wlan0     ESSID:"WIFI"

but iwgetid –raw displays nothing, so the script as it stand wouldn’t work for me. No idea why.

Easy to change but I should point out the sleep of 5 minutes really needs to be more like 5…10 seconds. If the wifi drops out I don’t want to wait around 5 minutes before the webradio starts again.

The script does not solve the problem, as it is not working properly. I guess it is easier to change Volumio on a more stable system made by the professionals. Sorry for the money spent.

In the end I have come to believe that this problem can be solved in only one way - pull the Ethernet cable to the Raspberry!

HI has this issue been resolved? I have the same problem where I have been replacing every component (power, SD, RPI board) in order to try to resolve the wifi-losing. Most annoying is that if it loses wifi it is not reconnecting and so the system is no longer reachable (it does NOT crash).

strangely enough I also have one rpi 3 B (not the + version ) who does NOT have this issue, it really seems to be related to the 3B+ version?

KR
Piet

UPDATE: I actually applied the suggestion to NOT use a fixed IP address, and you wont believe it, now the system is stable and not losing connection.
Can someone explain me how this is possible? Very weird.
:open_mouth: