Radio Station - Next Button (?)

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Smithee11 » Mon Nov 04 2019 17:28

Evening,

I have volumio up and running with two rotary encoders. I want to use it as a radio and thus to switch between radio stations. However, I can't seem to find how to add radio to a playlist to switch to (tbh i can seem to even create a playlist as its blank and radio is the only media i am using).

I assumed this was possible so any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Random avatar
Smithee11
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Smithee11 » Wed Nov 06 2019 20:40

Just to add to my first question - I am looking to simply use a rotary encoder to switch between radio stations on an old radio.

For the life of me, i cant get web radio stations to add to a playlist (i click + but dont get a pop up to add names etc) - and in a queue ithe forward and back does not work.

I may be trying to do something that's not possible - any help would be great.

As a side note- the TuneIn Plugin also fails to install, stopping at 10%.

Andy
Random avatar
Smithee11
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Old Duffer » Wed Nov 06 2019 21:08

In the past I have added the radio stations to the queue and then saved the queue as a playlist. I’ve just tried and like you, I can’t move through them. It used to be the case that you had to stop play and then select next. I don’t know if it’s a bug or intentional. Perhaps things changed when the previous button changed to the ‘start of current track’ button, needing two presses to move backwards.
Random avatar
Old Duffer
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Smithee11 » Sun Nov 10 2019 09:02

Thanks for the reply - that's such a shame as i wanted to use Volumio but i simply need to use a rotary encoder to tune to the next radio station and can't find a way to do it in Volumio.

I have used the Bob Rathborune Radio system, which works well but kind of wanted the optional bells and whistles of volumio.

Perhaps it's just me but i would have thought that going forward and back to a radio station would have been central to the system?

Andy
Random avatar
Smithee11
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Old Duffer » Sun Nov 10 2019 10:10

I’ve ended up using a remote with my favourite stations assigned a button each. Maybe the encoder could simulate a button press?
Random avatar
Old Duffer
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Return to Help