Radio Station - Next Button (?)

Evening,

I have volumio up and running with two rotary encoders. I want to use it as a radio and thus to switch between radio stations. However, I can’t seem to find how to add radio to a playlist to switch to (tbh i can seem to even create a playlist as its blank and radio is the only media i am using).

I assumed this was possible so any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

Andy

1 Like

Just to add to my first question - I am looking to simply use a rotary encoder to switch between radio stations on an old radio.

For the life of me, i cant get web radio stations to add to a playlist (i click + but dont get a pop up to add names etc) - and in a queue ithe forward and back does not work.

I may be trying to do something that’s not possible - any help would be great.

As a side note- the TuneIn Plugin also fails to install, stopping at 10%.

Andy

1 Like

In the past I have added the radio stations to the queue and then saved the queue as a playlist. I’ve just tried and like you, I can’t move through them. It used to be the case that you had to stop play and then select next. I don’t know if it’s a bug or intentional. Perhaps things changed when the previous button changed to the ‘start of current track’ button, needing two presses to move backwards.

Thanks for the reply - that’s such a shame as i wanted to use Volumio but i simply need to use a rotary encoder to tune to the next radio station and can’t find a way to do it in Volumio.

I have used the Bob Rathborune Radio system, which works well but kind of wanted the optional bells and whistles of volumio.

Perhaps it’s just me but i would have thought that going forward and back to a radio station would have been central to the system?

Andy

1 Like

I’ve ended up using a remote with my favourite stations assigned a button each. Maybe the encoder could simulate a button press?