[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby marco79cgn » Wed May 09 2018 15:16

This topic is dedicated to the Radio Paradise plugin which allows to play their streams - including the FLAC versions - within volumio.

Radio Paradise (http://www.radioparadise.com) is a commercial-free listener-sponsored Internet radio station that identifies itself as an "eclectic online rock radio" station. It plays different styles of pop and rock music, but occasionally other genres from jazz to classical to electronic music and world music.

State:
  • listening to static streams in mp3 and aac
  • listening to the flac versions (main, mellow, rock and groovy)
  • metadata for flac (cover, artist, title)
  • pause/resume
ToDos:
Project:
https://github.com/marco79cgn/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/music_service/radio_paradise

Installation:
:arrow: The plugin is now available in the plugin section of Volumio in your browser/GUI.

Thanks to everybody who helped me to develop my first plugin, especially lombardox :!:

Last edited by marco79cgn on Tue Mar 26 2019 10:00, edited 9 times in total.
marco79cgn
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby Anglepen » Wed May 09 2018 16:32

I’m very interested in this plugin, but am a total newbie when it comes to Linux, I’ve never touched a pi apart from buy a ready built player from ALLO.
Will this plugin ever be selectable from Volumio’s plugin section? If not how do I go about installing it?
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby chsims1 » Wed May 09 2018 16:46

To appear in the Volumio UI, the plugin needs to be submitted for approval, after which, if successful, it will be available for download and installation. Marco may or may not feel it is ready for this stage yet. It is possible to install plugins from outside the UI..have a forum search.

Well done Marco for getting it to this stage; I will be trying it out :D
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby marco79cgn » Wed May 09 2018 17:09

Of course I'd like to make it available from the Plugin section in the Browser/UI.

Until then, you can install it manually. I added installation instructions on the github page:
https://github.com/marco79cgn/volumio-p ... o_paradise
marco79cgn
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby Josh2000 » Wed May 09 2018 17:33

Hi Marco,

I installed it a few minutes after you had posted it.

Works great since then. Sound is great in FLAC. The cover art thing is an absolute hammer. Wow.
Many thanks.

I also use Adrian's OLED display plugin (based on CAVA)
https://volumio.org/forum/oled-spectrum-display-volumio-raspberry-zero-t9267-20.html#p48638
Unfortunately the station and title info isn't passed through to it, while bitrate and the progress bar is working. Do you have an idea (if not out of scope currently) ?

Josef
Josh2000
Audiophile
Audiophile

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby Josh2000 » Wed May 09 2018 20:17

it's working great and stable now since 6 hours.
Josh2000
Audiophile
Audiophile

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby Nomenluni » Wed May 09 2018 22:16

Thanks so much for creating this plugin, adding the RP radio stream is practically the first thing I do after installing Volumio! :D

I've just installed on my Tinker Board and so far it is working beautifully! The FLAC streaming+Artwork is so much nicer, top notch.

Volumio Rocks!
Random avatar
Nomenluni
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby danielfelix » Thu May 10 2018 02:10

Congratulations Marco! A great job! it works perfectly.
I am very grateful for this work!
You tell me that I can help in the translation into Spanish.
regard
Daniel
RaspberryPi3 + Allo Boos DAC + Amp. Kenwood KA-400 + Focal Chorus 726 + Turntable Dual 504 + Cartdrige Shure M91E + Linear Power Unit DIY
danielfelix
Objectivist
Objectivist

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby chsims1 » Thu May 10 2018 08:47

Working well on a Sparky. I love the cover art, and it sounds pretty good too ;).
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Postby marco79cgn » Thu May 10 2018 09:00

Josh2000 wrote:I also use Adrian's OLED display plugin (based on CAVA)
https://volumio.org/forum/oled-spectrum-display-volumio-raspberry-zero-t9267-20.html#p48638
Unfortunately the station and title info isn't passed through to it, while bitrate and the progress bar is working. Do you have an idea (if not out of scope currently) ?

I don't know for sure but I guess it's the way we push the song metadata without using a volatile state as you can see here:
https://github.com/marco79cgn/volumio-p ... #L457-L481
This was the most difficult part actually. Maybe it can be adapted in the OLED plugin where the metadata is read from?
marco79cgn
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Next

Return to Development talks