purchase advice

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

purchase advice

Postby giuppys69 » Thu Jul 11 2019 19:20

hello | I hope you can give me some advice, I wanted to take me to the Raspberry Pie to build me a desktop Hi-Fi system without using the Windows PC I'm currently using. Pcm5102, self-built Dayton bass reflex speakers. My question would be this: Can I leave the chain and pair it with the Raspberry ho should I replace something (the doubt is on the Dac that I felt was not compatible with the raspberry).
Thank you
Random avatar
giuppys69
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: purchase advice

Postby MattLum » Fri Jul 12 2019 05:35

My setup is a Sparky with Volumio, USB to DAC, to power amp and speakers. Volumio recognizes my DAC and hardware control of volume - no PC involved as the music is all on 500G usb drive direct to ALLO USBridge ( Sparky SBC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Random avatar
MattLum
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

purchase advice

Postby jonners » Fri Jul 12 2019 07:55

giuppys69 wrote:hello | I hope you can give me some advice, I wanted to take me to the Raspberry Pie to build me a desktop Hi-Fi system without using the Windows PC I'm currently using. Pcm5102, self-built Dayton bass reflex speakers. My question would be this: Can I leave the chain and pair it with the Raspberry ho should I replace something (the doubt is on the Dac that I felt was not compatible with the raspberry).
Thank you

Presumably that is a USB DAC that you are using, so you can just connect it to the RPi instead of the PC.
RPi 2b // Terra-Berry DAC2 // Hypex UcD180 // Bi-amped OBs with Visaton B200, Goodmans 15", Neo3 tweeters.
jonners
Audiophile
Audiophile

Return to DACs