Volumio 2 on Khadas boards

Any Khadas Kresc version plus OTA will get you the same version as the latest SD release.
In case you need to keep the eMMC contents, then booting from SD is the way to go, it just takes a few seconds more to load. During normal operation you will hardly notice the difference.

VIM3 is not VIM3L.

Thanks a lot, I think I have it clear now.

Based on what you said on the VIM3 vs VIM3L, I guess there is still no official Volumio release for VIM3L (nothing in the first post at least) and the Khadas Krescue seems the only option, so I’ll go with that.

Thanks again!

I install via krescue on VIM1 to EMMC this vrssion VIMx.Volumio.last.emmc.kresq
in options about update system ver 2.748
then I switch to dev mode and update to ver 2.766
but after reboot in seting I see ver 2.748

I have not tested the .kresq VIM1 images from @hyphop, therefore I can’t say what state that version is in.
Version 748 is very suspicious, as there where quite a few fixes afterwards.
In case Khadas has no newer version, I cannot guarantee the OTA will work.
Can you give me the download location, so I know which version to download?
Testing can take a little time due to other activities.

Meanwhile use the SD card version, it works.

dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/
I download krescue ve4sion from link

That is an old and unreleased Khadas test version.
We do not support it, sorry about that.

latest version for vim3 download not working…

sorry, can’t confirm that (verified to be sure), VIM3 boots fine here (same for VIM1 and VIM2).
Please test if you can boot any other image from SD.
If not, then this is a well known issue not related to Volumio.
Refer to the Khadas support board and make sure your eMMC has been initialised properly.
Note: you need Khadas “multiboot” on it

The links to volumio-2.774-2020-05-06-kvim3.img.zip and volumio-2.774-2020-05-06-kvim2.img.zip are seems to be broken
Getting “404 Not Found” error when trying to download it

Thanks for the warning, I’ll have a look.

Download links corrected!

Found my answers here! Thanks for keeping images updated, looking forward to 2.779.

Volumio latest version is 2.853, the latest khadas version is 2.774. even if you put volumio into test mode, no further updates are available. Why the delay in updating Volumio?

Khadas images are community portings, therefore not officially supported. Because there is not a lot of interest here, I have been focussing on lots of other tasks.

Latest release 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

Hi,

Thanks for the new version.
Update went well, based on a Krescue install running on EMMC.

Greetings - en nog eens bedankt !

Steven

wooo thank you!!

I am struggling to get the new volumio image onto the vim3l. I am using the amlogic usb burning software but I get xml errors when I try to use the image file.
Can anyone give me some guidance or tips on how to update from the kresue image.
Thanks

Unfortunately there is no support for the VIM3L.
There are images for VIM1, VIM2 and VIM3 only.
VIM3 images will not work on VIM3L.

KRescue images do not exist yet, except an early 3L test version from last year, which Khadas published.
Versions for Khadas VIM1-2-3 are being tested for an updated kernel and will be sent to Khadas shortly for Kresc creation.
Following that, eMMC can be flashed and updated as planned.
I’m sorry it took so long.

1 Like

thank you… cant wait fir emmc version updated from khadas