How to get the Spotify plugin working

Same here, can’t get token generated. Website is unresponsive. Any alternatives?

I’m also unable to get my refresh token from the URL. Any update on this?

I am having the same issue with 54.86.144.136:8888 - it times out when I try to go there. Is there a new URL or another method to get a refresh token?

Thanks!

Hi
I have înstslled both, spotify is working, what plug in is the preferred one to use and what are the advantages…
Now how do I know what plug-ins I am using.?
Thanks,
Ps: I am new to volumio…

Hi there, this thread provided a way of getting an older version of the Spotify plug-in working. At the time I had to run a server at AWS for Spotify’s Oauth code to generate a refresh token for the plug-in.

The new plug-in has oauth authorization built-in. Just upgrade to the latest version and follow the on-screen instructions and you should be good.

Hi,
The spotify connect is fully working, but I have installed both plug-ins, now I should remove one? Which is better?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but when I entered my credentials and clicked the Authorize button, I get a blank white screen with the message, “ You must specify a valid list of scopes.” Any ideas how to correct this? Thanks!

I don’t think one is “better” than the other. Spotify Connect works great, so it is fortunate Volumio has a plug-in for it. The “Spotify” plug-in is more integrated with mixing other music sources in Volumio. So it’s really just your preference, and good it’s good to have both.

You’ll have to reach out to the core Volumio team for help there. That sounds like something was misconfigured with the code to call Spotify’s Oauth service.

Hey, thanks for the tips on this. I’m new to Spotify, but have been using Volumio for a bit. Since getting a Spotify account, I wanted to hook it into Volumio. I’ve tried to do this several ways, but none seem to work.

I started by just installing the Spotify plugin (version 2.0.2). After enabling it and going to settings, I get the option to enter the username and password (nothing else - no authorize button). I enter the credentials, hit save and I get the green popup saying that it’s logging into Spotify. But, nothing happens after that. I can’t see any playlists and don’t have a ‘Spotify’ tile in the home menu.

I uninstalled the plugin, restarted and then installed via SSH using the method in the first post here and that installs version 1.3.5. As it has been mentioned, I’m not able to get anywhere with refresh token link and it times out.

I then tried to update from this version of the plugin to 2.0.2 using the ‘update’ button. That all goes ahead and installs 2.0.2, but this time, when I go into the settings, I now have the option to ‘Authorize’. Clicking this then takes me to the blank page mentioned in the previous post with the message: “You must specify a valid list of scopes”.

Installing the 2.0.2 plugin directly via the interface doesn’t give me the ‘authorize’ option and I can only get it by manually installing over SSH and then upgrading - but then I get the ‘valid scopes’ error.

Is there anything I’m missing, or is the Spotify integration just not working at present?

Edit: I’m on the latest version of Volumio (2.777)

2 Likes

I’m having this EXACT same issue. Spotify will never show up in the browse section. I am also missing /var/log/volumio.log and /etc/spopd.conf.

I’m not sure where to go from here, as I’ve edited every config file I can find to try to trigger the login of spotify.

FWIW: I have done the same steps as the user above me. Installed Clean version of Volumio, Installed connect and spotify, removed spotify from the webclient, enabled SSH, downloaded and installed via SSH, recieved an “authorize” button. entered my creds. Restarted. Authorize button is gone, Quality button is gone, but my username and password have stayed.

Also arretx has a point. I have the same thing

connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js:1 Failed to load resource: 
net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js:1 
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome- 
extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map: HTTP error: 
status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome- 
extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Interesting enough, its talking about facebook connect, but this is 100% not a facebook connected account. This uses my work email which has never touched facebook.

Followed the exact path as @excusethenews with the same results.

Unable to authenticate…so, it’s broken, and confusing.

“You must provide a valid list of scopes.”

Related finding: If I open the developer console in chrome after attempting to authenticate from the plugin, there are two resources that are unable to load:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/sourcemaps/onloadwff.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://okekkfbjgdmfmogicbhdechdmkfhfphc/js/raven.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
2 Likes

Found the fix. It seems like when I initially set up volumio, the browser timed out and dropped spotify mid install. When I refreshed, it looks like it stopped the install and did a half install.

I grabbed a fresh install, re-added the plugin, paying close attention to not let it fall asleep, and it is now working.

1 Like

You know what… That seems to have done it. I’m not sure if it was because of the same reasons as yours, but I decided to try a fresh install and ran the plugin (2.0.2) install as the first task when Volumio was up and running - no problems! All seems to be working now. Thanks for that!

@volumio
Is the server down? I get always a time out error…
I have the same problems as mauserman:

This is an old post before the Volumio team updated the Spotify plug-in to support Oauth. Please disregard these instructions and just update to the latest Spotify plug-in, which has built-in support for authentication with Spotify.

1 Like

October 2020 - Broken again. On clicking Authorize, web page just displays “You must specify a valid list of scopes”.

Seems to be very hard to get Spotify working on Volumio.

First timer user and just got RPI up with Volumio with Spotify plugin.

A quick help for answer:

1. why there is 2 version of Spotify Connect? Any difference? I’ve read through the posts here and not found any clear answer. Currently I LGE installed the latest one.

2. via web browser, Spotify options are all there except ‘Liked Songs’. Is there any reason or maybe I’m missing it somewhere?

3. Spotify native app does not show Luminio/RPI under Devices list. Is this normal? I would think once we authenticated login credentials, Spotify would list it. Partly to avoid multi device streaming it.

Hope to get some pointers from fellow users.

Cheers.

There is a plugin Spotify you have installed.
And an other one Spotify connect 2 to use your device from the official Spotify app as a sink.

1 Like

Thanks bro. The second plugin installed and works a charm with Spotify native app where I could see it listed under device.

Just post another question in another thread about handling power off/on as I’m having this 50/50 chance that volumio will work when I boot it up. Any chance you could also advise on that?

Cheers.