Problem with volume

Thank you michelangelo for that news!

Ok, thanx
I prefer to wait the update :slight_smile:

We understand and respect your efforts!
It’s frustrating for all parties and some of us did not use the Volumio devices during the holidays - s**t happens.

We have some solutions: some of them need some command lines, others need some SD card flashing and other mean enjoying the awkward silence while drinking one or two “adult beverages”.

We are all human beings and the holidays are there for relaxing. It’s the minimum we can do in times where absence rates due to burn-out are higher than the ones caused by cancer.

I really hope that the Volumio developers relaxed and did not open their emails or bug notifications.

Thanks again for all your time, efforts and passion!

Regards,
Adrian

Thank you Adrian, yes indeed all of us had a great break. But good news is that we’re back with lot of motivation (and lots of great stuff coming).
The release is done, just little testing and tomorrow will most likely be online

Thanks for the fix and indeed, everybody needs a break. We get used to use Volumio[emoji4]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Release is online! Did the update, rebooted, revalidated DSP Settings. Up and working again!

Sorry, “Me too” :frowning:

I have a pi3b+ with HiFiBerry DAC plus ADC embedded. I am running version 2.692 which I recently upgraded to. I noticed then that the volume indicator went to 100 on startup but the sound didn’t change. I don’t know what version I was running previously.
Output is via the phono plugs to my Sony Amp and speakers etc.

Problem:

• Volume control is not working between 0 and 99, it stays constant.
  • If I move volume slider to 100, it immediately drops back to 98. If I move it again to 100 it stays there and gets very loud.
  • Clicking the Mute icon, the text says “muted” but volume remains unchanged.
  • If I scroll the volume to 98, and press “volume up” icon, volume drops to 2.

I have applied the fix from this post - problem-with-volume-t13504-40.html#p71054 - but that has made no difference. I tried rolling it back and reapplying a few times, rebooting in between, but as expected, no difference. I see the only change in the patch is the addition of:

var self = this;

I’ve uploaded the logs to: logs.volumio.org/volumio/h7GlqHD.html - hopefully there will be something there.

My amp in in a different room to my speakers, so I have to go from my office to the other room to adjust the volume. While this is great at keeping me fit :wink: , it’s a right pain in the posterior when I need to mute the music to answer the phone.

Having complained as above, I have to say that I’m most impressed with Volumio and the HiFiBerry DAC plus ADC. Especially as my CD player has recently died and I can’t get spares. :frowning:

Cheers,
Norm.

Update again to 2.698. The fix is out.

Hello Volumio
Thank you for the update!
My system works wonderfully.

regards
rost21A

Well, I updated to 2.698. Nothing has changed as far as I can see. Volume control still doesn’t work. Except from 99 to 100 anything else is a constant volume. Mute says “muted” on screen, but is not muted. :frowning:

I did do a restart after upgrading. Plus, I had to revert out the previous fix in order to get the upgrade to apply.

Puzzled! I’m uploading logs etc to logs.volumio.org/volumio/TikDGIw.html in case there’s something that I’m missing here.

Cheers,
Norm.

Go to “Playback options” and klick “save”. Maybe you need to reboot again. Then try it.

Hi there
Do the following:
Switch off the Volumio and de-energize it for at least one minute. (Take Off The Powersupply)

I only had a low-volume problem with a test system with OSA DacBerry Pro +.
The problem did not arise with the Allo BOSS DAC.

Maybe it helps to solve the problem …

regards
rost21A

Evening “the_raven”,“rost21A”,

thanks for the advice, both of you.

I restarted the whole Pi/VolumIO and went to Playback Options, and clicked the save button just for the mixer settings. Nothing worked.

Rebooted again and tried the volume - still no change.

Rebooted, clicked the save button on every option on the playback options screen, still nothing.

Rebooted. Still nothing.

Mind you, the fix I referred to above in my first posting didn’t work for me either. It seems to have worked for others though.

After all the above, I shutdown the whole plot and left it for about 10 minutes. On powering back up again, still no change. :frowning:

Everything is as it was before the latest update. I suspect something is broken in the HiFiBerry support department.

Thanks again for your help, sadly, none of it worked.

Cheers,
Norm.

It is important to remove the current for at least one minute!
A reboot or shutdown and leaving it for a few minutes is not enough.
For me that helped when the volume was only very low. After that everything was back to normal.

Ok, thanks again rost21a.

I left the system powered off and unplugged for 3 hours plus. Still the same problem i’m afraid. :frowning:

Cheers,
Norm.

The version 2.692 made the same problems for me, too.
So i waited for an update, at least one of the workarounds (changing mixer type from hardware to software) made it work again.

Now after installing the current update 2.698 i wasn’t able to press the play button. It simply didn’t work.
Volumio lost the NAS i had connected to my raspberry/hifiberry also, pressing update or rescanning in settings/sources didn’t work either.
I tried numerous restarts, of course i rechanged my workaround, nothing worked.

What did work was a factory reset, getting started again, hitting the update button, getting updated to 2.698, and i’m currently rescanning my NAS drive. And there we go, the volume works again.

Hooray! It works. :slight_smile:
A bit of a faff though.

I reburned the version I downloaded initially, 2.602 if I remember correctly. After configuring, all was well, I had volume control again.

I then checked for updates on the system page and applied version 2.692. That too is now working.

I noticed that the update keeps a backup of the previous version. Other than a system reset, I see nothing on screen or in the docs which allows me to revert to it if an update goes wrong. Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous version? Point me at the docs too, thanks.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Norm.

I can only my rp4 board to work in software mixer mode. non ld2 driver.
Any disadvantages in quality to do this. DAC sounds frickin sick

Furniture for less
Presented store provides more 5000 items furniture and products for a country house and apartments or cafe. Natural tree, which we are used for the purpose manufacture all of our items, possesses reliability and wear resistance, delightful external data. All items processed special compounds, because of which their surface does not absorb moisture, resistant to extremes temperature and influence of the sun. Wicker furniture fine retains its functions even in cafe in open. In our online catalog you exposed photographs furniture for dining room, hall, bedroom, children’s room, as well as specific for organization of storage area - dressers and cabinets, cabinets and other. With us in SANTA MONICA AND COAST you can buy everything for every home not expensive.

Bed frame
Come in outstanding store in Jefferson Park production for office and home use and cafe! presents over 12000 appointment furniture and goods for a country house and apartments or restaurant. Natural rattan , are used for the purposes of production our branded products , possesses strength and wear resistance, wonderful external data. All furniture processed special compounds, due to which their surface does not absorb water, stable to extremes ambient temperature air and exposure of the sun. Vya our furniture excellent retains its functions even in restaurant in open spaces . In the presented online catalog you offered photos furniture for dining room, hall, bedroom, children’s room , as well as intended for organization of storage area - dressers and cabinets, cabinets and others . In our store in Fairfax you can buy everything for any your home not expensive . We invite client come to store , holding in Westwood what cares about its shopper.