Hello, I have a couple of newbie questions. Please help me

Hello everyone, I’m Jools, I’m from England, I’ve been a keen record collector for nearly 50 years. I thought I venture into the world of streaming.
I’m a complete newbie to Raspberry pi & Volumio. This is my first post.

I’ve just bought a RPI model 3b+ and Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and I have successfully installed and configured Volumio 2.
I am able to play the web radio stations, stream Spotify and also play mp3 files from a USB stick, but that’s as far as I have got so far!
I have tried to install the YouTube plugin but I cannot get it to work?

The plugin seems to install correctly, (I have the icon on the browse screen). I have activated the plugin and gone into the settings, but the authorisation code is not in the box - (the box is empty) ?
I have tried everything, I have unistalled the plugin, re-installed it, done a factory reset on Volumio, then tried it all again, I’ve even gone to the extreme measures of reformatting the SD card and downloaded the latest image and set everything up from scratch again, but the plugin remains the same (no authorisation code).

Just for info, (in case the plug in is device sensitive) I have tried all the above actions from a Samsung Galaxy S7 Android smart phone, Samsung TabS-2 android tablet and a Windows 10 laptop.
I’m so frustrated!

I wonder if some kind person, could please help me? I am a newbie and I don’t have a clue about coding etc…
Thanks in advance
Jools

Hi Jools,

there are currently problems (unless recently rectified) with the Youtube plugin.

It sems to me that if you have 50 year record collection, then you might consider digitising those parts that need it, and transferring it all to NAS or fixed hard disk that Volmio will have access to.