Experimental Volumio Build for Raspberry PI 4

Hi guys, this special build is no longer necessary. Volumio supports PI4 from official builds

Thanks for the answer!

I can confirm that Pi2Design PI2AES is supported and works perfectly with Volumio’s current official version (2.619) on RPi4. Just turn on the I2S DAC option and choose HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro.

Volumio VERSION: 2.632 works great on RPI4. Just i coudn’t make KODI plugin working. I made several try with no results.
I could’t fine any info through the web nor any advice.
Is Kodi plugin not compatinle with Rasberry PI 4?
Anyone has experiences or advices to install Volumio on a Rasbian RPI (with KODI) or install KODI on a Volumio RPI4 environment?
Thanks in advance
Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

Kodi for Rpi is only compiled against Debian Buster and Volumio uses Debian Jessie (two major earlier). So unless you compile Kodi and it’s dependencies yourself you won’t be able to install Kodi I’m afraid.

Hello Saiyato,
I see. Many thanks for your reply.
I won’t be able to do this :wink: I’ll keep using RPI3.
Volumio integrated with Kodi is the “perfect machine”!
Many many thanks for your work and efforts on current kodi plugin.
Giacomo

Hi.
Has anyone got any pointers as to how to compile the latest Kodi into a volumio plugin?
I would love to have a go, then when it works release it for you guys?
Kodi 18.4 Leia is available through LibreElec and works really well on my RPI4.
What is the method for making it a plugin for Volumio?
Or… Can they be installed side by side?

Thanks

given the heating issues… I really don’t see why anyone would stack a DAC hat onto the rPI 4… let alone in a case with both of the boards heating up… could anyone share their setup that helps deal with the heating issues?

RPI4 with CPU fan (berrybase.de/raspberry-pi-c … spberry-pi) and Boss DAC. No temperature problems at all.

RPI is running for hours:
vcgencmd measure_temp
temp=48.0’C

I used an old laptop fan (cochlea model) and it does not get higher than 42 degrees and use it in combination with the Kali reclocker and allo piano 2.1

ebay.com/itm/50mm-USB-Blowe … 2129262108

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk

Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work! I was wondering has anybody tried and got any issues RPI4 Volumio release with Allo Kali Reclocker and Allo Piano 2.1 setup? Cheers!

I’m going to try this tomorrow … I do give feedback about how this works / sounds. I also try with an allo isolator in between.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk

okay i have tried the raspberry pi 4b-2gb model with kali reclocker with the allo piano 2.1 on top.
and I have to admit that there is slightly less detail present and less pronounced sound compared to the raspberry p3 b +.

the video below of hans beekhuyzen also confirms this.
youtube.com/watch?v=cjqEPyMr1zI

furthermore the piano 2.1 only works on dual stereo and only on the outputs of sub-left and sub-right.
on dual mono I only get sound from the right sub-output … so stereo left does not work at all.
I don’t know why that is…maybe my kali reclocker is broken and therefore the left stereo outputs do not work.

the raspberry pi 4b with only the piano 2.1 works great with both dual stereo and dual mono.

Hi - sorry - I’m trying to get volumio running on the PI4 - the current build is crashing with ‘welcome to emergency mode’ - is there a link to the beta I should be using? Thank you!

Any idea what might be causing it? Is there a good place to file a report? Thanks

Volumio works on Rpi4. It seems something is wrong with your image. Download last version of Volumio and reflash it.

A point; the Raspberry Pi Foundation have today announced that the RPi 4 Model B 2Gb is now the same cost ($35) as the 1Gb version, so it’s now the entry level (raspberrypi.org/blog/new-pr … -pi-4-2gb/).

But they haven’t reduced the price of the 4gb…

Hello, does RPI 4 KODI work for you? I only have a black screen and it doesn’t work via my usb keyboard and mouse.

Hi Volumio,

I have a raspberry pi 4 and am trying to install Volumio on it. I have flashed the latest Volumio software using Balena Etcher (onto a USB Drive) and plugged that into the RPi. I have plugged in an ethernet and then power just to get things setup (im hoping to use just wifi on the long run). Unfortunately I do not think Volumio is booting. I cannot access Volumio.local/ and have tried android, Mac and windows devices. I also cannot see a Volumio hotspot on any devices.

Is Volumio compatible with the Raspberry Pi model B? It seems many others have managed to get this working.

u should put it on a sd not usb…