Volumio 2 on TV box Amlogic S9xxx S8xxx

On Sunvell t95x s905x 1g ram 8 gb - after boot from usb or sd:

sudo install.sh

Password - volumio

the script executes successfully, but after rebooting, it does not want to load from the internal memory. For example, libreelec is installed in a similar script and works fine from internal memory.

@balbes150
I wonder if you have dropped the update for Volumio2 on TV Box S9XXX S8XXX since its latest version in this January.

github.com/volumio/Build/issues … -492070607

Hi, Balbes.

Wonderful job on Amlogic boxes, I’ve flash your version into my boxes with S905D and S912, and the improvement of music is significant.

I have to wonder if you have any success plan to move on this project, and make the DSD128+ is available, as well.

Looking forward to your kindly feedback and possible good news.

Thank you.

how to set SPDIF out, SPDIF does not work on TV box ?

Hi, I was recently presented with a TV set-top box for my birthday, I heard about this before, but somehow I thought that it was an ordinary Chinese cheap thing, and when I picked up the Mag 420w, I was very surprised even by the quality of the plastic, it is very nice, and the box itself Works great, high image quality.

this thread is about Volumio on Amlogic TV boxes, not about TV boxes in general.
Please do not post irrelevant info.

Hello! @balbes150 is there any chance of launching a newer image for S802 based on newer version of Volumio? Thanks in advance.

anything in particular you are missing in the current image?
@balbes150 personal builds can’t have myVolumio if that is what you were looking for.
Luckily he uploaded his build sources, so we could do a myVolumio build as a service.
Other than that, as we are not the maintainers, we will not make any functional changes to his build scripts.That would be up to him.

Gkkpch, i’m using the 0.4 version of balbes150, but the software is failing and for example the plugins section is empty so can’t install or update plugins. I tried a fresh installation and saw that can’t authorize the Sotifiy account. I have read that this problem is solved using the last version of volumio.
The newers images of balbes150 have the normalization issue, best said, you must use normalization or only hear noise. The audio normalization affects the quality of audio playback, cutting the dynamic range.

Thank you for take time for answering me.
Greetings.

In that case there is not much we can do to help you with just a plain build.
It won’t solve anything, your audio problems would still be there,

Finally I was able to build a S802 image based on the last version of Volumio, 2.698. It’s working almost perfect. The main drawback is that the sound device that Volumio detect is de SPDIF out, which I want to use, but noy sound at all. Funny thing is that the Welcome sound is played perfectly. No other options are avaliable for audio output. Other thing, the Shairport issue is still there and don’t initialize at boot. If manually initialized the sound come out from SDPIF! I’m using a USB sound card for the moment. If someone could give some advice it will be welcomed.
Greetings.

TV boxes in general are a different world and do not have our focus and that is why we are not putting any resources in it.
Member @balbes150 has done a great job to make a generic build script, perhaps he can help.

EDIT - working perfectly on x96 mini (s905w), thanks for a great job.

Today I downloaded the last image for the S9xxx: Volumio-1.0-2018-12-01-aml9xxxarmv7.img
I flashed it on a usb drive and booted on the S905 box. Everything works fine.
But in the image there is version 1 of volumio. Is it possible to upgrade to version 2.
Because the internet radio is better and most plugins are for version 2.

This is not really my work, so I’m not jumping into it just like that.
In case he still has all system files available (have not checked), building a version, based on his work, his latest system files and our latest volumio functionality, incl. myVolumio, would be possible.
But I’m not going to generate and test this just for one person, anyone else interested? Need at least 10.

Yes, I’d like to use version up to date. Count it as a vote.

That would be nice if he has the system files and we get at least 10 persons.
Then I would buy you a beer :laughing: or 2

+1 I’m interested too.

+1 I am definitely Interested.