Volumio iOS App

Hello,

I tested the ios app today (with Volumio 2.344, USB drive connected with music files, YouTube and Spotify plugins installed)
Thanks for your work, really great app. Please find my observations below:

Pro

• unlike the Volumio web UI, it correctly saves/remembers the browse location when app put into background, both for the Music Library and for Spotify) - this is a huge plus
  • stable connection to volumio device
  • search functionality includes local library, YouTube and Spotify
  • nice and straightforward interface

Issues I had:

• cue/flac not working. It lists the individual tracks but when i tap the track nothing happens (the play/add to queue menu does not show up). This works correctly via the webapp.

• when going through search results, any individual tracks listed (for either Library, YouTube or Spotify) have the same issue: nothing happens when tapped on. If it’s something that can expand further (eg. playlist, either youtube or Spotify) or an album or artist (Spotify) then that opens correctly and the tracks inside it can be accessed. This feature, again works well on the web UI.

Thanks again!
Cheers

Nice app! it is developed as community support for Volumio. Also it runs on a variety of devices.Thanks…

Hi everyone.

Discovered this app just recently, huge thanks to it’s author and people contributing. One possible issue I’m facing is the queue playback being repeated even if the repeat is shown as turned off. This never happened previously when I was using web UI. Also, adding a ‘quick scroll’ option, like in iPhone’s contacts view to media library/album/artist etc. lists would be really useful, as was mentioned in this thread earlier.

I have the same issue. Volumio is running on a different subnet than the wireless network subnet. I can access using an IP address but cannot specify the IP address in the app.

Great idea. Just like the Sonos app does.

I just installed the app on my iPad and iPhone, and I love it. It’s responsive, whereas the webUI normally isn’t. The unreliability of the webUI has always annoyed me a great deal, finally I have a solid Volumio client. Clean, stylish, lovely design!

Some issues I’ve found:

• I can’t figure out how I’m supposed to fast-forward or rewind in a playing song. That is easily done in the webUI, how to do it in the app?
  • If I drag the volume slider above the max volume, it seems to set the volume to 0 rather than just leaving it at the max?
  • How do I move quickly in long lists, for instance an artist list with hundreds of items? Scrolling to the bottom of the list takes forever.
  • It doesn’t seem like the app supports showing embedded album art.

I also wonder how to FF and RW, if it is possible?

Other than that I really like the App, looks great and it is very responsive :slight_smile:

Thanks for a great application!

To FF and REW I just tap on the circular central progress disc to move the track onwards or backwards.

Hm Well, thats wierd. It wont work on my phone. I suspected it should work just like the webgui but in the app it doesnt.

I have a iPhone 6s, anyone else have the same setup and got it to work?

Edit: Tested now on my wifes iPhone 5s and it did not work either.

I have an iPhone 5s dedicates just as a remote, and an iPhone 6 and works perfectly on both :question:

Ok. On your iPhone 6 do you have iOS 11.4? I cant understand why it can behave different, maybe it could be an iOS version issue?

I’m still on ios 11.3.1, maybe that’s why?

I don’t want to suggest another app and get in trouble but there is an unofficial Volumio app on the AppStore that is ok, maybe try that to test if it’s ios related, it works in the same way

Yes, to bad all my iOS devices in the household is on latest version.

I dont know if the app is still maintained? If it is i am sure it will be noticed pretty soon.

Thanks you @Angelpen for helping me troubleshoot. Now atleast I know how it works :slight_smile:

You are more than welcome my friend, don’t give up yet, that second app I suggested has an easy click button to open web gui, could be a workaround?

I am really impressed by the Volumio IOS App, particularly how snappy is in browsing my large collection in my NAS.
Amazing it works off a Raspberry Pi.

Two suggestions I’d love to see, and I think would improve usability:

1. when browsing through list of folders/artist etc, add a side bar with letters, to jump to that letter
  2. in the home screen, ability to add a bookmarked folder (Right now takes 3 steps to get to a shared drive mount (music Library/source/mount)

Awesome work!

this is by far the best ios app!!!
very responsive and just great.
the official “app” doesn’t work for me at all.
it’s incredibly slow and unsresponsive!
i prefer just the browser.

Please keep developing the native app!!!

Yeah this isn’t a real app this is just a web browser…any updates?

Hello
would it be possible to make the app available in different countries
i am in france and can’t access the app
thks

Thanks guys for the application, Do you plan to do a widget ? I saw you did for android, it will be wonderful if apple lover can have same :smiley:
Thanks
Cheers

1 Like

Hi, @monkeyproof, this seems to be a cool project, pity it isn’t being maintained anymore. Do you happen to have a version of this project that compiles in Xcode 13 by any chance? I am very familiar with Objective-C but a novice when it comes to Swift. The current Github project appears to be using Swift 3 which doesn’t compile in Xcode 13, but actually doesn’t appear to compile in Xcode 10.1 either, so I was unable to use the conversion tool…