The future of MyVolumio: let's shape it together

Yes, we are working on the mobile part now. And yes the albumart will be full size

Great

I’m a Qobuz Studio user and the sound quality is spectacular with MyVolumio. Please do keep the upgrades coming for Qobuz integration.

In particular, it would be a big step if we could add tracks to a Qobuz playlist from within Volumio. With this, I’ll be closer to not having to use the Qobuz app in my sessions.

The other nice add would be providing the Qobuz artist information.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

Great work, really looking forward to the new UI :slight_smile:

Thank you for listening to users to help improve user experience of Volumio :slight_smile:

Thank you again for continuing to refine and improve Volumio.

This new UI looks great! Let me know if you need any beta testing of any of the UI or Tidal integrations, as I would have happy to do so and give feedback.

Make USB cd player plugin free. Only for listen a CD.

Inviato dal mio SM-A600FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I have two volumio systems @home based on x86 systems. I have a my volumio plan virtuoso.
I’d like to have an additional tile inthe main browing page that would show the latest 100 albums additions in a local or Nas based library. Kind of similar to the last 100 songs listened to but for albums added to the library. One usually listens to the things he added in last.

I’d also appreciate so more UI customization possibility (stylesheet selection)

and finally SACD iso support.

Keep up with this greqt work ! and congrats on the new UI, looks really promising!!

Hello, i am actually new user of volumio (about 2 months) but i love it. My raspberry pi with volumio banished the pc from the main system. The only drawback is that i cant load any vst plugin (as i usually did on pc platform). If you do something about that volumio would be the ultimate player an audiophile needs. Maybe a simplier way to room equalization (dirac, mathaudio etc) is also welcomed. Keep up evolving volumio guys, thank you.

Lately we are receiving many requests about something like DIRAC or DRC, it’s on our todo list :wink:

Great news! You should check out the mathaudio which is free as foobar plugin and affortable as vst. Dirac is the top shelf but is kinda pricey. Anyway you know better, im sure you’ll find the best solution.

I certainly hope so, because DRC for Volumio plugin by @balbuze rulez! :sunglasses:

P.S. Dirac licence is quite expensive and I have never seen independently done measurements verifying Dirac EQ results

Don’t get the point of DRC. If it’s dynamic range compression, it seems a way of worsening the audio signal, something useful just in case of a crappy hi-fi system. The purpose of volumio from my understanding is the opposite: have a hi-rez, highly dynamic sound purely made available to a decent system of an hi-fi enthusiast.
On the contrary, Dirac is a real improvenment since it reduces room modes and reverberation.
No contest between the two: Dirac is in the future of streaming, as hi-fi industry leading companies confirm (e.g. nad, arcam…)

DRC plugin doesn’t affect dynamic range in any way. You obviously don’t understand that, regarding the room EQ, DRC Volumio plugin and Dirac do absolutely the same thing - they linearise frequency response based on spatial measurement using FIR filters in frequency and time domain.

What DRC plugin does, and Dirac doesn’t, is providing digital crossover functionality for up to 4-way loudspeaker sytem.

What also DRC plugin does, and Dirac doesn’t, is providing digital loudness control when listening at low volumes. Besides that DRC plugin also enables you to control woofer excursion when listening at very high volumes using volume based digital filtering.

Before making any more false claims I suggest you inform yourself about features you are commenting as this way you only embarrass yourself and disinform others.

I want to add that IMHO, Drc in Volumio shouldn’t be linked to an hardware…
The Drc plugin works with a single rpi3, a pine64 or a x86 device, with an usb Dac or i2s Dac. It uses free and open technology. And it gives very good results, with few efforts.
The only requirement is a calibrated microphone and half an hour…

Sorry for not feeling humiliated, DRC can also mean what i meant.
Then fortunately volumio’s DRC plugin is not about dynamic range, happy to know it. So i’d like to install it but can’t find in the available plugins. I’m using the latest Volumio in raspberry pi 2 (allo digione).
Can you please help me?

@Antonix
I’ll be glad to help you if you want to test the plugin.
I suggest you to go in the dedicated thread : https://forum.volumio.org/volumio2-and-brutefir-t4151-340.html. Ask, I’ll answer you there :wink:
thank you!

It was not my intention to humiliate you. DRC stands for Digital Room Correction. I’ll be happy to help, together with Balbuze, once you install the plugin.

I haven’t read this whole thread but my request is to have some sort options on my Qobuz favorites.

I’m currently trialling both MyVolumio Virtuosso and Qobuz together and assuming I keep Qobuz (and ditch Spotify) I will continue with MyVolumio as well so that I’m able to stream it directly on Volumio in full Hi-Res.

Number one in my wishlist for MyVolumio would be to add support for Qobuz connect for the desktop and smart phone Qobuz apps. I’ve been a user of Spotify connect for years, a number of those years with Volumio and the ability to use the Spotify iPhone app on multiple phones in the household as the main control points for a remote player like Volumio while retaining the full UI experience of Spotify is unrivalled in convenience especially when I want to search/discover/listen and manage playlists/artists/albums in the same session.

Qobuz have an equivalent Qobuz connect protocol that is already supported by a large number of hardware players so its absence in MyVolumio is very noticeable, especially given there is no way to manage Qobuz playlists, artists/albums/songs via the Volumio Web UI.

Second on my wishlist is further integration with Qobuz in the Volumio Web UI, which sort of ties into the above.

At the moment it doesn’t seem to be possible to manage my Qobuz account in any way via the Volumio Web UI, and this limits me only to playback via the Web UI, not discovery or management.

I can play back existing tracks in my Qobuz library and search for and play new tracks quite well using the Web UI, however if I find an artist/album/song I like I have no way to add this to my Qobuz account - the only thing I can do is add it to a Volumio specific playlist which will not sync back to Qobuz and thus isn’t accessible anywhere outside of Volumio.

Instead I have to open the Qobuz app, search for the same song/album/artist again and add it to a playlist etc within the App, which then becomes available in Volumio as well. If I try to do the music discovery directly from the Qobuz app on my phone I have no way to send it to the stereo to sample the song in high quality before deciding whether to add it to my library. Not a good user experience. :frowning:

Either adding Qobuz connect support or adding the ability to manage Qobuz playlists/artist/albums/songs directly from the Volumio Web UI would solve these problems of disjointed user experience, and having both routes available would be ideal. :smiley:

Thank you for asking for input. As I described in another thread I would love to see Volumio become a “one-stop” solution for audio needs.

What do I mean by that? A dedicated Volumio streamer that takes care of the Music Libraries (SSD/HD/UPnP) and is not only able to output optical/coax and USB, but also UPnP and maybe even Airplay, Chromcast & Bluetooth for compatibility. The software would become a control point for the whole house (the optimum, of course, would be a true Multiroom offering). Right now you need a physical Volumio renderer connected to every single speaker set. Most of the modern, connected speakers, however, do support one or the other protocol. Nevertheless, they mostly lack nice integrated software. In addition it is not always the most efficient solution to stream to and then from a mobile device using the software of streaming services. Volumio has certainly the potential to become more versatile and a central hub in the house.